Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Archives

The Reality of Coming Home From Uni

By Samantha Carey
April 21, 2014 - 6:00am

It’s been a long and tiring term. There’s only so long you can juggle a degree, extra-curriculars and commitment to Nottingham’s nightlife before you feel the need for some detox and downtime at home. In fact, your body is begging for it...   If you’re lucky/loved/spoilt, your parents will come to pick you up…   Otherwise, it’s the train station for you. Cue some seriously clever packing… READ MORE

Why Easter is Overrated

By Samantha Carey
April 19, 2014 - 3:11pm

Spending 2+ hours hunting for eggs around a garden while characteristically British Springtime rainclouds gather overhead can only be fun when you’re under the age of 10. Those clouds are a metaphor for every teenager and adults mood.     And there always seems to be something getting in the way of you winning…   The Easter Bunny is like the less loved child in the family with Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. And these kids don’t look too happy to be collecting their eggs… READ MORE

What to Wear: Easter Weekend

By Kimberley Bond
April 19, 2014 - 4:00am

After that long slog of a term, we’ve finally been rewarded with the Easter holidays. Here are your fashion fixes for the bank holiday weekend!   Barbecue Party READ MORE

Music Mondays: Josh Wheatley & The Shots

By Joanna Webley-Brown
April 11, 2014 - 2:12pm

Now, I don’t know about you but a free evening of live music sounds pretty ideal right? Did I mention it was free? Once a month, CAST presents two unsigned local acts for the viewing public. Josh Wheatley’s one of the musical guests, he’s not only super young, but also super talented. This perfect for anyone interested in Acoustic or Folk music. http://www.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/whats-on/music/music-mondays-josh-wheatley-and-the-shots/   READ MORE

Campus Style: English Society Spring Ball

By Joanna Webley-Brown
April 11, 2014 - 1:58pm

Her Campus loves: The English Society for putting on such a great night! The English Society’s Annual Spring Ball consisted of lecturers dancing to Beyoncé, amazing NU Dance performances and, most importantly, very stylish English students! Here are a couple of my favourite looks of the evening… Nicole looked stunning in a black, floor length gown – the Boohoo gown’s leg slit oozed Hollywood glamour; the gold sequins made it perfect for the Coco Tang after party. Her nude heels are from New Look. READ MORE

Top 10 Old and New Summer Tunes

By Esme Dee
April 11, 2014 - 4:00am

Spring has sprung, the clocks have changed and I do believe over the past few weeks we’ve had the odd hot day here in Notts so this week I thought I’d recommend a few new summer songs to get you in the mood for sun and fun and also revisit a few old school summer tunes.      Top 5 New Releases   5. Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau: Changes   This French electronic duo have made a great track for while you’re chilling in the garden – great brass section too so what more could you want?   READ MORE

Music Blog: Peace Out - and Why Indie's Still OK

By Naomi Upton
April 9, 2014 - 4:00am

I don’t really know where you’ve been if you haven’t heard of these guys. But no matter lost souls, Peace are back this year with the follow up to their debut album ‘In Love’. They’re a band representing a lot of good stuff: Birmingham (my home town), tie dye, wearing fur coats and not cutting your hair. Oh, and some really clever, melodic indie rock that’s so escapist you’ll wonder how they ever found the time to write any music down between being cool and…being really cool. READ MORE

Krishanthi Jeyakumar

By Joanna Webley-Brown
April 8, 2014 - 7:27pm

Name: ‎Krishanthi Jeyakumar Hometown: London Degree: English Studies Year: 2 Campus Involvement: Exec on NUTS, Nottingham New Theatre director, regular contribution to music magazine, URN, Coeliac Society executive Dream job: Music journalist Personal Claim to Fame: I met Jack Whitehall on the Northern Line and gave him a tissue this one time. Fun Fact: Can speak Tamil fluently READ MORE

Easter holidays means...

By Sheetal Mistry

Live Performance by FEW Collective

By Esme Dee
April 8, 2014 - 6:30am

FEW Collective will present a fusion of global sounds that reflect the background of its members from hip hop to dance. They’ll cover traditional to contemporary, folk to blues, and indigenous movements to street dance. Admission: £5.00 (£3.00 concession)   READ MORE