Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Archives

Lagerfeld for Ladies: Feminism at Paris Fashion Week

By Juliane Reuther
September 30, 2014 - 2:07pm

Fashion Month had almost come to an end when King Karl showed a surprisingly new approach to fashion in his SS14/15 Chanel fashion show earlier today. The long-awaited catwalk show of fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld who is known for his controversial views and classic design, did not disappoint. It never disappoints. After choosing a supermarket as his runway earlier, suggesting his models were housewives taking care of the household, Lagerfeld made a U-turn this year; feminism was this season's 'chic' at the Chanel fashion show. The Grand Palais was redecorated to display a street in Paris and models turned into female protesters. READ MORE

Review: Keston Cobblers Club at Bodega

By Charlotte Clare
September 30, 2014 - 7:29am

5 STARS ***** I’m not gonna lie to you, I’d only really ever listened to Keston Cobblers Club through the wall separating mine and my housemate’s bedrooms last year before this gig, and I really knew little about them. After last night, I can now safely say that they are one of the best live bands I have seen, and certainly the most fun. READ MORE

It's Time For A Digital Detox

By Hannah Shepperd
September 30, 2014 - 4:00am

It’s needless to say that technological advancements in the last decade have been incredible. We now have the freedom to access a mass pool of information, readily available in our back pocket. In this increasingly connected world, there is an interdependence between our everyday studies, social relationships and technology. It’s even beginning to shape our culture and the way we communicate on a personal and professional level. READ MORE

Freshers With Hindsight: Questionable Chants, Drunken Injuries and Clean Knickers

By Samantha Carey
September 30, 2014 - 4:00am

Going in to my third and final year at uni, it’s proving difficult to control that twinge of jealousy seeing Freshers arriving, entire unnecessary reading list in one suitcase, jumbo box of condoms in another. Not for them worries about dissertations, or thoughts of “what the hell am I doing once I’ve scraped that 2.1?” And probably the most difficult thing about coming to the end of your time at uni is that, pardon the cliché, but it really does feel like just yesterday that you stumbled through the hallowed doors of the Big O for the first time. READ MORE

10 Ways To Buy Good Karma For Your Uni Room

By Danielle Greenspan
September 30, 2014 - 4:00am

We all love a reason to go shopping and moving into your uni room is a very good one. But wait! Don’t just purchase everything from that massive Tesco in Beeston. If you put a little thought into what you buy, you can support good causes, save money and help make the world a better place just through your shopping! Instant good karma! Here are 10 easy ideas to get you started: 1)      Stock up on recycled printer paper and notepaper   READ MORE

How to Beat Homesickness

By Imogen Vance
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

Homesick? Don't know what to do about it? Read below for tips on overcoming homesickness! READ MORE

10 Gigs in Notts You Should Check Out This Term

By Charlotte Clare
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

Nottingham is home to a whole array of fabulous music venues that hold gigs of all genres and styles, ranging from huge arena bands to small local artists, and it would be criminal to live so close and not experience any of them! Here’s my pick of the best artists coming to town this term, but if nothing takes your fancy I encourage you to check out the gig guides yourself, I’m sure you’ll find something up your street!   Keston Cobblers Club – Monday 29th September – The Bodega READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With K Stewart

By Paula Akpan
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

In a time where electronic music reigns supreme in the UK, K Stewart has worked this to her advantage, using a hybrid of house and R&B beats to support and compliment her powerful voice. Kate, who has performed as Bondax’s live vocalist and featured on TCTS’s track ‘Games’, is now breaking out as a solo artist. She showcases her vocal abilities with tracks like ‘Tell Me ‘Bout That’ and ‘Speechless’, both produced by Karma Kid. They received around 150,000 and 190,000 plays respectively, making her one to watch in the coming year.   READ MORE

Canoe Polo Taster Session

By Kara Watkins
September 28, 2014 - 12:33pm

Don’t be put off by the early start, if you fancy getting involved in something a bit different this year, this could be the place to start. What is Canoe Polo I hear you ask? Well Wikipedia calls it an “exciting contact team game” but we say it does what it says on the tin - it’s playing water polo from a kayak.  READ MORE

Top 'Slay-tionery' Picks for Back to School

By Naomi Upton
September 28, 2014 - 4:00am

Okay, so few understand the power a new pack of post-its gives you. But maybe you want to change your ways, get organised and make your desk a super cute shrine of to-do lists? Hey there. The aim is to look as stationery savvy as Cher with her fluffy pink pen. READ MORE