you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Alumni Catch-Up: Jess Greaney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

This week we caught up with another HCN alum, Jess Greaney, to hear about what she’s been up to since graduating…

How did you get involved with Her Campus and why?

I got involved during my final year because I had heard from friends about how amazing it was. I loved all their articles online and my passion for music and events made me want to work as Head of Reviews. I knew about how lovely all of the people at Her Campus was and so applied as soon as I could.

What was your role?

I worked as Head of Reviews for Her Campus Nottingham. I worked closely with a variety of record labels, businesses and venues all over Nottingham to organise press tickets for the writers. I then ensured all reviews were of the highest standard and edited them where needed for the website.

What were some of the highlights?

I loved seeing the articles being uploaded online and knowing I had a part in the process. I also enjoyed getting to know all the girls and all the socials we had as a team. A personal highlight was the Fashion show at the end of the year which went so well! I was really proud of all of the team.

How has your role helped you since graduating?

I’m now a contributor for WhatsOn magazine, and all the skills and experience I got from working at Her Campus really helped. It showed employers that I had the ability to write and edit articles that were read by a worldwide audience and those are the skills that employers are after.

What are you up to now?

I’m now working full time to save for travelling, and contribute at WhatsOn magazine. I also go into schools to talk to English students about what it’s like to go to university.

Do you have any advice for UoN students?

My advice would be to get involved with as much as you can at university. There are so many great societies and other out of university things such as Her Campus. Other things such as getting a job while at university really helped me meet different people from all over the country – and made me fall in love with Nottingham even more.

Contributor account for HC Sonoma
Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!