5 Fun Photo Apps to Make Your Life Instantly Instagrammable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As much as we don’t want to admit to spending significant amounts of time selecting filters, cropping bad bits and blurring the edges of our pictures, it’s no secret that we sometimes order the occasional Costa (in a festive cup now!) and take more selfies than necessary before we post a picture on Instagram. In my procrastination, I have discovered a few apps which help get that cool white border around the edge of my pictures and provide limitless selections of filters for when Valencia is just not cutting it.

1. Afterlight.

At first this app looks a little complicated, but you soon get into the swing. It’s great for adding snazzy borders (heart shaped!) around your pics, and has a variety of other filters and light effects to make your photos look that tiny bit cuter.

2. Photoshop Express.

Now, I know Photoshop is usually left to the pros, but this simple app is great for basic edits to your pictures. You can flip a dodgy selfie to your good side and correct red-eye with a couple of taps, which makes it a super handy app for the more practical photo fixes.

3. Pic Stitch.

This is super great when you don’t want to bombard your followers with 5 different photos of the same night. Pic Stitch has lots of different formats where you can upload a few different images in one small square, ready for filters and Instagramming afterwards.

4. Retrica.

This app is AMAZING for its filter selection; there are so many to choose from and you’re guaranteed to find one that makes any shot look good. The only down side is that you have to use the app to take the picture, but if you remember then you can get some fantastic images.

5. Squaready.

Last but by no means least, Squaready lets you surround your pictures with a white border. It’s simple, but effective, and automatically aligns your photo in the centre – what more could you want?

So there we have it. My top apps for photo editing. Go and take some selfies!

Edited by Georgina Varley

Image sources: 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/40321359136610501/

http://thoughtcatalog.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/shutterstock_186667502…

Emma Sims

Nottingham

Harriet Dunlea is Campus Correspondent and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Nottingham. She is a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. Her passion for student journalism derives from her too-nosey-for-her-own-good nature.