What Your Laptop Stickers Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

We all know that having stickers on your laptop is a pretty big thing. In theory, these stickers are supposed to be a way to express who you are or what you like. I’ve compiled a list of the stickers I see most often and written a stream-of-consciousness type of roast of/reaction to them. I made sweeping generalizations and played on stereotypes, so please don’t take me too seriously!

Notre DAYUMYou’d like to make it known that not only are you smart, but you’re clever as well.This is, without a doubt, the most common sticker on Notre Dame’s campus. It’s also of one of the few not boring Notre Dame stickers on Redbubble, so can’t blame you for that one.

Yeti, Sperry, Vineyard Vines, etc.You’re the reason that all the girl’s dorms are getting Comfort Colors shirts for hall apparel…and you’re probably wearing a Patagonia right now. You also are the person that explains dorm life by telling your friends that it’s Greek Life without rush.

Any sort of coffee stickerYou were DEFINITELY the first in line when holiday drinks and PSLs came out. You also probably ran out of flex points before fall break because of the “okay, but first coffee” mentality. (@ myself)

Home StateI’m into it. That being said, you’re most likely from the Midwest, Texas, Florida, or California.

Reference to your fave showHow many times have you watched through the show? Are you a bandwagon fan? So many questions. But I do feel a sense of camaraderie with people who have references to shows that I also like, such as “Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica” and “What Would Blair Waldorf Do?”.

ExploreYou’ve probably captioned at least one Instagram photo with “Wanderlust”, “Not all who wander are lost”, or “Adventure is out there”. You may have gone abroad and, if so, you continue to talk about how much better gelato is than ice cream.

“Awkward”I promise you’re not that awkward, you’re fine. In your head, you’re thinking awkward in the cute, Jessica Day from New Girl kind of way, but I’m thinking Darla from Finding Nemo. I promise awkward isn’t cute. Please see any photo of me circa 7th grade if you need more confirmation.

VW VanFirst of all, no one is under the impression that you actually drive one. It’s strictly for the aesthetic and you know it.

CactiWhen you read that, you likely felt the urge to correct me for not calling them “succulents”. You may also drink kombucha, shop at Whole Foods and practice yoga. Anyone for some acai bowls?

PineapplesAre they your favorite food? Favorite fruit? I see pineapple stickers everywhere and there is no way that that many people like pineapples so much that they decided to stick them to their laptops. I’m thinking this is a trend??? Not sure how a fruit can be trendy…

“More Issues than Vogue”Edgy, but classy. Damn, you’re complicated.

“Treat yo self”“Treat yourself”, you say as you get Starbucks regularly. Jokes aside, I’m all about the “treat yourself” mindset. Way to spread positivity!

Images: Most are from Redbubble, but the brand stickers is from this pin and the home state on is this Etsy shop!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

I'm a junior studying political science and Spanish at the University of Notre Dame. I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan and enjoy hot yoga, coffee dates and Bath and Body Works candles.