roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Trending: Unicorn Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If you’ve been on Instagram lately, you’ve probably seen the takeover of the mythical “unicorn drink.” According to Starbucks, the colorful frappuccino is only here for a few days, so of course I had to go get one at LaFun.

The drink is described as “Magical flavors [that] start off sweet and fruity transforming to pleasantly sour. Swirl it to reveal a color-changing spectacle of purple and pink. It’s finished with whipped cream-sprinkled pink and blue fairy powders.” Reviews have definitely been mixed: some people hate it, others love it, but most are nonplussed. My roommate Kat says it tastes like a Creamsicle, and I’d agree that that’s the most similar flavor. I liked the sour blue patches, and the sprinkles are mesmerizing. Even if you don’t like it, the unicorn drink is worth the $5.25 (!) because it’s just so dang pleasing to look at!

However, the Starbucks drink isn’t the only unicorn-themed product to be trending lately. Unicorn-themed food and makeup have been blowing up for months, starting with the unicorn bagel in New York.

I’m not sure what differentiates unicorn-themed foods from just rainbow foods, but either way, people are into it. After the unicorn bagel came unicorn toast, unicorn coffee, even unicorn burgers. Gross. Next came the products, many of which I must admit I love. Here are two of my favorites:

Too Faced Unicorn Tears Lipstick

Look at that iridescent blue! What makeup junkie doesn’t need this?

Tarte Magic Wands Brush Set

No unicorns were harmed in the making of these brushes. 

I have been pining over these since Tarte released them along with the rest of their Make Believe in Yourself collection. I made myself wait until the Sephora sale this week to buy them, and I cannot wait until they get here. Seriously, just look at them. The rest of Tarte’s collection is equally beautiful and unicorn-tastic.

Apparently, you’re never too old for make believe.

This glittery, bright, rainbow-filled trend reminds me of my Lisa Frank-filled childhood, and I’m pleased as punch. Whether you’re a unicorn fanatic or not, they’re here to slay (oops, I meant stay). Buckle up for several more months of brightly colored products and food pics! 

HCNDXO!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3 (provided by author), 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Sources: 1

Editor-in-Chief of HCND from 2016-2018.