This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Welcome back to campus! Here’s hoping everyone is well-rested from Fall Break. I know I am! Now that we’re feeling refreshed from all of the sleep and fun times we had (and pumpkin spice lattes we drank), it’s time to spice up our beauty routine as well. I’ve compiled a Top 10 list of beauty looks to give you a new routine to look forward to. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get creative and come up with a few of your own! Let’s get started, lovelies.

1. Throwback Hair

I faithfully read Vogue and other couture magazines daily, and something big has caught my attention: hairstyles are coming back in that haven’t been for a looooooong time. I’m talking about big hair. That’s right. And I want you to know that anyone can pull off fun, textured hairstyles. Here’s a tip: wash your hair and go to sleep wearing braids, then take them out and blow it dry in the morning. Tease it a little and put it half-up with some bobby pins to give it a little volume. It’s a fun and super easy way to change up your usual ponytail or bun.

2. Naturally Flushed Cheeks

This is a fantastic way to transfer your summer look to fall and save some money on makeup. Go with a peach tone that gives a nice moisture to your skin; you want to look dewy, and this can definitely help give your skin some extra moisture. We all need it when the air is cold! Grab a dewy highlighter if you want to emphasize your cheekbones.

3. Braids

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always been a fan of braids. They’re easy and they honestly never go out of style. I see girls wear braids in updos, ponytails, or just single rope braids. I guess you could say they’re cool again. Go for French pigtails or even a few cornrows for an edgier look.

4. Finely Milled Shimmer

I will admit that this one can be a “don’t” if you do it wrong. But if you’re looking to add some shimmer to your beauty routine, find a nice eyeshadow or small pot of finely milled shimmer to dust over your eyelids. I’ve seen a few celebrities dusting it on the corners of their eyes as well. It can make the whites of your eyes brighter and make you look more awake! Say yes to shimmer when you have that 8:00 a.m. class.

5. Bold Lips

If you knew me well, you’d know that this list is in no particular order. This is by far my favorite beauty trend for fall. I love a nice bold lip. If you’re going for this look, try for minimum makeup on the eyes. If you want your lips to be the focal point, just do your regular foundation routine and add some lengthening mascara. That way your look won’t be overkill! Go for a shade like plum or berry. Matte lips look great for fall, but if you need a little more moisture when the wind is unbearable, use a dab of clear gloss to make your lips kissable.

6. Thin Black Gel Liner

Now you may be thinking, “Duh.” But bear with me here. To give your eyes a bit more depth, swipe gel liner thinly across your under eyelid. Smudge it to give it a lived-in feel. You’ll be creating a chic French look that tells people you’re mysterious, but you didn’t spend an hour doing your makeup (even if you did)!

7. Neutral Nails

During the spring and summer, you see pops of color everywhere. But fall is a time to break out the gray, forest green, burgundy, and nude nail colors. I happen to really like Essie nail polish for fall, so give their shades a try! They always have really nice collections that look great on all skin tones.

8. Natural Brows

Put down that tweezer (fun fact: I’ve never touched my brows). Full brows are in – and flattering! Feel free to fill in your brows with a color a shade lighter than your natural brow color. It’s not too much, but it’s enough to show you cared for those little fur babies.

9. Face Masks

I’ve been faithfully using face masks since I started college. There are masks for moisture boosts, elasticity, acne, or anything else you can think of. Choose masks that have calming cucumber and carrots for a natural feel. It will enhance your skin without removing the nutrients your pores need.

10. Facial Oils

I know, I know… the weather is getting chillier and it’s even more difficult to apply your foundation. It’s caking and it’s even harder to spread. If you aren’t a fan of heavy creams on your face, facial oils may be your go-to beauty hack. They provide moisture without causing breakouts. I bought some hemp oil for a flight I went on this summer to keep my skin hydrated. It regenerates and energizes the skin’s protective layer: I would recommend a product like this to anyone!

Well, that’s all for now! I hope to see you ladies rocking your fall beauty looks on campus. As always, stay beautiful and remember that confidence is key! XOXO

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Well hi there! My name is Madelyn, and I'm a freshman at the University of Notre Dame majoring in Pre-Medicine and Romance Languages. I'm a lover of all things fashion and beauty, and it's my dream to intern with a magazine one day. You can catch me perusing Vogue, singing in the Opera, dancing with Troop ND, boxing for exercise, and obsessing over anything pink. I hope you can find something lovely in my articles that sticks with you! Cheers!! XO