Thanksgiving: Brought to You by Pinterest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Thanksgiving is a fabulous holiday for several reasons. It’s a time for us to take a step back from the chaos of everyday life and reflect on all that we’re grateful for.

For college students especially, Thanksgiving offers a break from running from one activity to the next, and gives us a chance to remind ourselves to thank the people without whom we would not have been able to accomplish all that we have (shout out to Mom and Dad!).

As we all know, another wonderful aspect of the Thanksgiving season is the incredibly delicious food. After all, sharing a meal with the ones that we love and acknowledging all that we’re grateful for is what Thanksgiving is all about.

Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving celebration this year or just looking for ways to get into the fall holiday spirit, Pinterest is here to help. If you’re in need of some decorative inspiration, or if you’re looking for some fresh ideas to add to your Thanksgiving menu, Pinterest offers a wide variety of creative holiday projects to spice up your Thanksgiving.

Here are some suggestions of ways to make this year’s celebration one for the books:

Recipes You’ll Want to Gobble Right

Turkey Sugar Cookies

These cookies are almost too cute to eat! They’re a perfect snack to follow your Thanksgiving feast, and will certainly delight your guests or anyone that you’re celebrating with. This recipe also uses a classic fall candy, truly capturing the spirit of the season. Get the recipe here.

Deviled Eggs (made to look like pumpkins)

This adorable recipe idea puts a seasonal spin on a traditional appetizer. Through an original mixture of sauces and spices, you can bring a touch of fall into your selection of hors d’oeuvres. Give it a try here.

Turkey-Shaped Fruit Arrangement

If you’re looking for a healthy side dish to serve with your meal, this creative fruit arrangement is both aesthetically pleasing and utterly delicious. Feel free to get creative with a variety of fruits and make your own turkey display.

Decoration Ideas for the Crafty Collegiette

These painted wine bottles will bring some autumn colors into your seasonal arrangement, and would make an adorable centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner. Get the instructions here.

These mason jars decorated with fall leaves are another great decorative option! And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love mason jars? Learn how to make these here.

For the Next Day

Feeling like you overdid it a little the day before? Here are some great workout ideas to get you back up and moving after your Thanksgiving feast!

Check out this workout option here.

Try this one out here.

Happy Thanksgiving! XO, HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 78, 9, 10, 11