This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

When I think of summer, I think of sun, sand, outdoor water sports, and of course, the dreaded swim suit shopping.  With the threat of having hot guys and your best girl friends judging you for your body, you decide to go on a diet.  Of course, diets aren’t ever easy, and there are definitely clearly indicated stages that everyone goes through when starting a new diet.  

You’re out swimsuit shopping with your girls, feeling pretty good about yourself until you try on the first set.  Everything goes downhill from there.  You know you have to do something about it.    

I mean the mirror you’re looking into is practically begging you to start it NOW.  

I mean come on, you jiggle in places that really shouldn’t be moving

And you realize that you may have had too many cartons of Ben and Jerry’s lately…

You nail down the logistics of it all: workout days, cheat days, what food is allowed and which isn’t.

You’re ready.  You got this.

Positivity and motivation are your middle names!

Friends are annoyed at how much you’re mentioning your diet.  

That’s alright.  They should know.  You’re a rockstar and plus, you’ll have to hear about it next week when they start their diet fad of the month.  

Your first visit to the gym is disheartening.

And you really really REALLY are craving junk food.

You think you’re about to die of hunger.

Healthy food tastes awful.  I miss the taste of chemicals and artificial sweeteners already.

AND I NEED A STARBUCKS NOW.

But eventually, you get the hang of it.

And you’re noticing your weight loss.

Ten pounds later, you feel great about yourself.  

You’re ready for swimsuit season!

And to celebrate, you’re ordering yourself a pizza.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.com or Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20