Put Some Spring in Your Step

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Spring has officially sprung and we are starting to feel the weather changes. You may have noticed the grass getting greener and some sprouts popping up in the soil. At this point, it’s easy to ditch the parkas and Uggs, but what shoes does one wear in the time period between Bean Boots and flip-flops? Well, do not fret because there are a lot of stylish options that will help you make the transition out of winter foot wear.

To start, these Michael Kors loafers are amazing. I want them for football season because nothing says Notre Dame more than gold shoes. They are definitely a sure fire way to add a little something extra to any outfit. Boat shoes are very trendy right now, and Mr. Kors definitely knows how to put a unique twist on them. Additionally, they are on sale right now at Macy’s and I just saw them at the UP mall a few days ago. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to snag these awesome shoes!

If you like the focal point of your outfit to be your shoes, then this pair is for you. These smoking slippers are definitely a statement piece. If the hot pink isn’t enough on its own, the bright green alligators are the icing on the cake. They are fun and quirky. If they were more affordable, I would make them an addition to my closest as soon as possible. I have been really into the smoking slipper shape lately and I think they are a refreshing break from the typical ballet flat.

This next pair is for all of the girls out there who don’t want to put away their boots quite yet. The usual brown or black color of combat boots can make them seem like such a winter shoe, but the light blue of these Steve Madden boots makes them spring appropriate. The color reminds me of the blue skies that come with spring, minus the rainy days! You can always count on Steve Madden to have great quality shoes. They will last forever!

With spring comes the arrival of flats. It’s finally warm enough where the top of your foot can be exposed without having to worry about getting frostbite. I love a great pair of flats with a sundress or your favorite pair of skinny jeans. This coral pair is perfect for spring. The color makes me think of warm weather and sunshine. The striped bows are an added plus – they’re very preppy and a perfect way to get yourself in a springy state of mind.

The saying goes,, “You don’t really know someone until you walk a mile in their shoes,” but what if you got yourself a new pair of shoes and walked a mile? I never thought I would have such philosophical thoughts about shoes. But seriously, I know it’s not the best to base your happiness on material goods, but sometimes a new pair of shoes can put the spring back into your step.

Pictures 1, 2, 3, 4

For more spring fashion, follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.