david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Nail These Sweet Halloween Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Halloween is the best holiday in terms of make up and beauty tools. You can experiment with any beauty trend without being judged. It’s the best time to try new and crazy things. I am not very adventurous with my nail polish, but this time of year inspires me to break out of my comfort zone. I encourage you to do the same and don’t worry if your nails don’t end up looking like the pictures; there is always nail polish remover if you aren’t crazy about the final product.

For a festive look try these candy corn nails. This look isn’t too scary or complicated, as long as you can keep a steady hand while making the lines. I like the addition of the glitter top coat, but this look could also work with a plain clear top coat too. They definitely look good enough to eat!

For something creepier, check out these blood drip nails. The tutorial makes it look very simple, just a nude base coat with some red polka dots, and then use a small pointed object to pull the dots down into drips. I like this style because it’s subtle but still festive and it would pair perfectly with a vampire costume.

If you aren’t a huge fan of designs on your nails, you could opt for something similar to this red and black ombré. This could pass for an everyday nail style and red and black are colors that you most likely already own. The easiest way to create an ombré nail is to use a make up sponge. In this case, I would paint my whole nail the red color, and then ombré the black. This works with any color combination.  

These “werewolf nails” caught me off guard when I first saw them. I totally thought the nail had been filed down to a sharp point but in reality a nude colored polish creates the pointed effect. This would be fun to try and trick your friends. With the pointed nail trend on the rise, this would be a good way to try the shape without having to fully commit.

Not artistically talented? Try a fun green polish or opt for a matte black. Both options are simple but effective in spreading Halloween thrills. Have a fun and safe Halloween and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. This is the perfect time to try something new. You never know what you’ll fall in love with. 

Share your Halloween nails with us! Tweet at us @HCNotreDame and tag us in your Instagram posts @hercampusnotredame with the hashtag #HCNDHalloween! Follow us on Pinterest, TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.