Meet Delany Bolton ’20!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Name: Delany Bolton

Hometown: St. Augustine, Florida. Oldest city in America:)

Graduation year: 2020

Major: Electrical Engineering

Dorm: Welsh Fam

Any pets?

Betta fish named Amenhotep, he is a definite love.

What’s your hidden talent?

I can fit all five of my fingers in my belly button, if that counts lol?

Who would play you in a movie?

JLaw, but that would be a definite upgrade haha.

If you could invite 3 people, dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would they be, and why?

Kit Harrington, because dinner with the King in the North would be pretty hype. Also, he’s quite sexy;)

Einstein because he could help me with my Physics III homework.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson because astrophysics is mind-blowing and his voice is phenomenal.

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

Pick up an extra hobby like learning another language, learning how to play piano, or learning how to knit.

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?

Get the United States back in the Paris climate accord.

What are you involved in here at Notre Dame?

I am in NROTC so that takes up a lot of my time here. Go Navy! I have also competed in Baraka Bouts twice, where my alter ego Sharkface surfaces. I do food runs from the dining hall and ABP weekly to HOPE Ministries. Also, last semester I tutored middle school kids at St. Adalbert’s (sadly this semester my classes won’t let me go). Also an avid ND sports fan. G’irish!

Any plans to study abroad?

Yep, next spring in Perth, Australia. Also, potentially in Kyrgyzstan this summer to study Russian.

What is your favorite memory so far at Notre Dame?

The first time I ever heard “Here Come the Irish” at a football game. I still get chills to this day.

What is your dream job?

Opening my own non-profit to benefit at risk students in low-income areas.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Whatever happens, happens. There is no point dwelling on what could have been. Be present and make every moment count.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

All images were provided by the interviewee.