If Notre Dame Men’s Dorms Were Bachelorette Contestants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As Season 11 of The Bachelorette finished up last week, I couldn’t help but notice some similarities between the contestants on the show and the men’s halls at Notre Dame. The contestants had conflicting personalities and unique character traits that mirrored many of the dorm stereotypes on campus. If Notre Dame men’s halls were contestants on The Bachelorette, these are the lucky lads who would get a rose. 

Alumni: Shawn B

Shawn may come off as arrogant to some people, but that is because the guy has been a shoo-in since episode one. It was obvious Shawn was a contender with his suave look, smooth words, and great hair. Some people think Alumni men may seem entitled, but who can blame them? They have arguably the best location on campus, they have perfected the art of a great dorm party, and they are packed to the brim with great guys. It’s no wonder Kaitlyn gave Shawn the final rose!

Carroll: Brady

For those of you who watch the show, this probably doesn’t come as a surprise. Brady left the show before the first episode ended in order to pursue a relationship with a different bachelorette. He completely missed out on Season 11 because he was marching to the beat of his own drum (he is a musician, after all). The Notre Dame community knows that a well-timed “Carroll Hall is far away” joke can go far. However, the men of Carroll embrace their unique location. Their long walks to class are perfect time to bond with other dorm members and also take gorgeous across-the-lake Dome pictures.  

Dillon: Jared

Jared may not have been the smartest, strongest, AND humblest contestant, but he was definitely the kindest. He even offered his jacket to Kaitlyn to keep her warm after he was eliminated! He has a heart of gold and wears it on his sleeve. The men of Dillon Hall embrace all members of the Notre Dame family (even those of their rival, Alumni) on Thursdays for Milkshake Mass. These guys will give you the shirt off their backs, or at least some leftover pizza after their hall council meetings if you happen to be passing through. 

Duncan: Ben H

Ben H is the whole package. He has a winning smile, great personality, and would be the perfect dad. He may not have made it to the final two, but there are tons of #TeamBenH members across the world. Duncan Hall is filled to the brim with perfection just like Ben H. They have insanely large closets, air conditioning, and make Dillon’s dorm rooms look like broom closets. Most of the campus would love to live in Duncan, but it never seems to be the first dorm on our minds. Go figure.

Fisher: Ryan M

Ryan M just wanted to have a good time. His debauchery did end up getting him kicked off the show, but while he was at the Bachelorette Mansion Ryan M was the life of the party. Fisher men also know how to bring the party and do so almost every weekend. These guys love to have fun and are always down for a good time. Unlike Ryan, the men of Fisher know when the party stops. They have the perfect balance of work hard play hard attitude. 

Keenan: JJ

JJ is hard to take dissect. One minute he is cracking a joke and discussing his love for his son, and the next minute he is stirring up drama in the house. Like JJ, Keenan Hall is a beautiful mixture. They are hilarious. They are studious. They may throw in a few controversial jokes at the Revue, but isn’t that secretly why we come back for more every year? The only thing these Knights are missing is some shining armor. 

Keough: Ian

Keough Hall is like Ian before he went crazy and left the show after yelling at Kaitlyn. Keough is the smart, handsome, athletic Ian that we came to know and love. The men of Keough Hall are slightly more reserved than their neighbors in O’Neill, but they are no less exciting. When they aren’t studying in their picturesque study areas or hanging out with one of the best rectors on campus, these guys are planning chariot races that even the Romans would be jealous of. 

Knott: Joe

It was clear from the beginning that Joe didn’t quite fit in, but that’s why Kaitlyn liked him. His quirky jokes and handsome smile won the hearts of thousands after the first episode. Knott Hall’s unconventional traditions and bright colors set them apart from the other men’s halls. Knott men’s bright orange hats are almost as bright as their personalities. They welcome any and all people to their parties and embrace the phrase “the more the merrier.”

Morrissey: Daniel

Daniel had arguably the best moustache and beard combo on the show. His face stood out among the contestants simply because his trim game was so strong. Morrissey Manor also stands out on South Quad because of its beautiful architecture and prime location. What Morrissey lacks in room size it makes up for in hustle. These guys put loads of time into their formal and even more effort into their Medallion Hunt. 

O’Neil: Tanner

Tanner wasn’t usually at the front of the pack, but his interviews were number one in our hearts. Two or three times per episode Tanner had a witty one-liner that had the audience and other contestants laughing out loud. He was a breath of fresh air on a drama-filled show. O’Neill Hall may be tucked away on West Quad, but when they make an appearance you know it’s going to be good. These guys know how to have a good time and invite everyone to have it with them.

St. Edward’s: Chris “Cupcake”

Chris is the boy next door that your mom loves for his million-dollar smile and you love for his wild child streak. Chris rode in on a mechanical cupcake during the first episode and cruised through the show ever since. All of the other contestants wished they had sweet gear like that, just like everyone is jealous of St. Ed’s lofts. People come for the old-school charm of St. Ed’s, but stay for their themed dorm parties underneath those awesome lofts.  

Siegfried: Ben Z

Ben Z is a human teddy bear. He looks intimidating on the outside with his huge muscles and tattoos, yet he is warm and fuzzy on the inside where it counts. Siegfried lives up to its athletic stereotype every year with winning inter-hall football teams and Rec Sports squads. Behind the muscles and tight pants, Siegfried’s halls are overflowing with the nicest guys you will ever meet. Only a true teddy bear would take the clothes of its back in order to raise money for the homeless on the Day of Man. 

Sorin: Joshua

Joshua is a simple man with simple needs. Unlike the other contestants, Joshua was a farmer from a small town with a country twang. Sorin Hall doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles that Duncan has, but we like it that way. Their ancient architecture and front porch swings remind us of years of Notre Dame tradition. These guys are content with spending the afternoon swinging on their porch overlooking God Quad and that is why we love them. 

Stanford: Clint

Clint didn’t leave the show on a great note, but he started it off in the lead. During his time on the show he developed a serious bromance with fellow contestant, JJ. However, not even Clint and JJ could get as close as Stanford and Keenan. Like Clint, Stanford starts off the school year strong with the Rave for the Brave. Not to mention that they get to brag to the first years that they have one of the best mascots on campus. Go Griffins!

Zahm: Nick V

Nick V came into the show a few weeks in, so naturally the other men started hating him. Although none of them knew Nick that well, he was deemed “that guy” because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The men of Zahm know this stigma well and wear it with pride. Zahm House is full of secret traditions, dorm parties, and loyal men. Maybe the real reason other dorms dislike Zahm is because they are all a little jealous…

Disclaimer: This article is based solely on my experience and suggestions from friends. These stereotypes in no way reflect all of the members of one dorm community. 

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.com or Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

S. Riker

Notre Dame

.