Campus Cutie: Connor Parker ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As the Fourth fast approaches, Domesickness sets in and its effects are in full force. This week, HCND took the time to catch up with one of the cutest Domers suffering from ND’s most common sickness. Meet Connor Parker: fastest scooterer in town, Freelance Grilled Cheese Chef, and “that Lewis guy.” Via Facebook, Connor set aside time to answer all of our questions, and rather thoughtfully. Thanks, Connor!

Connor’s favorite ice cream is Dome flavored.

Basics

Name: Connor Parker

Year: 2017

Major: Science-Business with Energy Studies Minor

Activities: Notre Dame Jazz Band, Running, Freelance Grilled Cheese Chef, Scooterer Extraordinaire

Dorm: Alumni Hall

Hometown: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Relationship status: Single

Opening line: “Hi I’m Connor…I’m from Los Angeles…Yes, I know it’s going to be a cold first winter for me”

The cold never bothered him anyway.

Random

What’s your favorite M&M and why? Yellow, he’s definitely the boldest in the commercials. I strive to be that bold in life. When I’m down, I think, “Be the M&M you were meant to be.”

First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “bacon?” Wrapped Hot-dogs

If you were the size of a pencil, how would you ride your scooter? In the words of Marcell the Shell, “I’d probably just hang-glide on a Dorito.”

If you wrote a book 15 chapters long, what would the title of chapter 8 be?  “One Sandwich to Rule Them All”

Meet the head chef and host of Lewis Hall’s Grilled Cheese Night. It was delicious!

Personal

As mentioned before, you ride a scooter. Tell me about it. It’s pretty easy. I had to get it for my “commute” this past semester (10 minutes to get from DPAC to Como, I needed some zing). But it has become my signature thing. Connor “Hawaiian Shirt, Scooter Kid” Parker. It’s a lifestyle now, I ride it everywhere. Also, who doesn’t like snapping your scooter shut like Hansel from Zoolander?

Connor delivering a forgotten bag to a pal in Lewis Hall.

Why did you choose your major/minor? I believe that hybridization is the direction of all industries nowadays, and I’m a pretty outgoing guy who enjoys new scientific advancements. So when I saw Science-Business with an Energy Studies minor as an option, I realized that it’d be nice to be able to conduct business and be well versed in the energy advancements I’m promoting.

What part of being a Domer is the most significant to you? The fact that there are so many genuine people within a 15 minute walk from my room. If my roommate is busy, I can walk down the hall or down South Quad and find incredible, kind, inspiring people. It’s great knowing you’re surrounded by people like that.

Who in your life has shaped you the most? My dad. He is a Notre Dame graduate, so there’s that. But he has always just been a positive influence in my life, and he is constantly happy and has his head on straight. Even in tough times, he is always a rock. I strive to always be positive, happy, and supportive for my friends because I’ve grown up with that from my dad my whole life.

Born and raised for Notre Dame.

Tough Choices

Red or blue? Pokemon Red Version, gotta go with the vintage classic.

Sky or sea? Sea, it reminds me of my 23 Hawaiian shirts.

Dogs or cats? Dogs. Nothing better than coming home for winter break to be greeted by a wagging tail and a pal to follow you around.

East coast or west coast? West Coast, Best Coast. 

Thanks for the interview, Connor! Good luck on the rest of your adventures!

Follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook

Images provided by interviewee.

Hello there! I am a Computer Science major from the golden Redding, California. I enjoy making people smile, dazing about the ocean, smelling like sunshine, and programming until my fingers cramp. California sand is my friend and I would much rather be laughing at the beach than almost anything else. I am a firm believer in great things taking copious amounts of time. Jason Mraz said it best with "the absence of the light is a necessary part." Though I see the incredibility of technology, the simple things in life are what really matter. The concept of 'family' is an extraordinary attribute of modern civilization. Check out my articles if you ever so desire!