Campus Cutie: Carolyn Hassett ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.
This week HerCampusND sat down with senior Carolyn Hassett to talk about TV, crushes, and awkward encounters across campus. Though placed in Howard in her Freshman year, Carolyn lives in Lewis Hall and serves as, arguably, the most beloved RA ever to grace the 3N Hallway. She enjoys theatre, music and brightly colored pants. A Tina Fey enthusiast, she spends most of her free time with Notre Dame’s Humor Artists. Cute and funny. 

The Breakdown

Year: 2014. Senior. 

Major: Design

Hometown: Ft. Worth, TX

Dorm: Lewis Hall

Relationship Status: I love me. 

Opening Line: Let’s do this like Buddhists. 

Fun Facts

Favorite TV Show?
Dr. Who. Always and forever. 30 Rock if I’m feelin’ patriotic. 

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? 
All the chocolate you can fit into an ice cream flavor

Starbucks Standby? 
Venti Doubleshot

Favorite place on the internet?
The place where I am just bombarded by cute animals and it’s just cuteness overload-which is a website actually. 

If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
Honey bunches of oats because they look boring but when you try them, it’s magic

Bigfoot or the The Great Pumpkin?
Great Pumpkin

If you could have dinner with a fictional character who would it be and why?
Liz Lemon because we are eachother 

Celebrity Boyfriend?
Crap. I have so many. I’m trying to remember which ones aren’t gay. Dan Smith (lead singer of Bastille)! We’re soulmates. He just doesn’t know it yet. He very reluctantly hugged me heh heh heh heh. 

Describe yourself in 3 Words?
I don’t know.
Please stop asking. 

Campus activity(-ies)?
Pretty much just HA so, HA. 

Why the Humor Artists (HA)?
I always loved “Whose Line is it Anyway” and I saw them [Humor Artists] perform and I was like ‘Hey, I could do that. I will do that…’ And then they became my family. They’re good people. 

The Dating Games

Shallow deal breaker?
He has to be at least 4 inches taller than me. 

Ever been on a dining hall date?
Yes. It went as well as could be expected. 

Worst date ever?
I for some reason did not realize how short he was and when we started talking and I was just like noooo. And then after the first date he wanted to send me flowers and I was like noooo. Food over flowers. Every. Time.

Dream date?
Disneyland. All throughout Disneyland. We would dress up as prince and princess and pretend to take residence. We’d ride every ride all day. And no one kicks us out. We’d “pretend”… but then we’d forget to leave. 

What’s it like dating as an RA?
That’s a good question. I don’t Notre-know. 

One piece of advice for prospective suitors?
Food over flowers. 

Domer Life

You aren’t a native Lewis chick, why did you decide to make the move to the best hall on campus?
I’ll say it like the people back home do: I wasn’t placed in Lewis but I got here as fast as I could. 

If you could go back to freshman year and tell yourself one thing you know now, what would it be? 
Premed?! GET OUT!!! GET OUT!!!1 GET OUT!!1!1 Your GPA would’ve been so much higher than it was. 

Favorite place to study during finals?
Studio. Cause you can’t spell studio without stud-I!

ND Bucket List?
What can I say that won’t get me in trouble? Whatever. Climbing Stepan. YOLO. 

Best on-campus event?
The Stanford game of 2012. That was the craziest. That was like triple overtime, it was on the 1-yard line and it was raining wolves and tigers. 

Tell us about your Domerfest experience
Welp. Like most people, my date abandoned me. And I was under the impression that we couldn’t leave until midnight so I stayed. And I didn’t know how to get back and I was just ‘Where the heck am I? This campus is so big. WHAT. I’m scared.’ So my friend from high school and I banded together and just stuck it out til the end. 

Worst pickup line?
Some guy came up to me and basically said “hey, how much?” And I’m like I’m leaving now before I commit manslaughter. Another time I was propositioned by a guy who came up and offered me $15 to make out with him. Whoa sir I am worth at least a solid 20. At least have the decency to give me a single bill. 

You’re 500 pounds. What food has gotten you here?
Bread. 

Favorite part of being an RA?
When I can walk with justified swagger-not swagga-down the hallways and sometimes have people sometimes express that I am sometimes appreciated. 

Where do you see yourself in a year?
Hopefully applying for real grad school. 

Outgoing line? 
Don’t be stupid. It’s not smart. -Mama Hassett 

*In exchange for doing this interview Carolyn has asked that we assure all future employers that she is, in fact, a desireable and reliable employee (hire her!) 

For more interviews with awesome students, like HCND on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Victoria is a Junior Political Science major and Journalism minor hailing from Atlanta, Georgia. As you'd expect, she loves writing about politics in a tireless attempt to help people realize that politics matter. When she's not standing on her soapbox, she enjoys music, food, football, and reminding people to check their privilege. In the winter months, you can find her near the closest heater listening to country songs and counting the days until break.