freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ask Scarlett: An Open Letter to the Ladies of ND

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

An open letter to the ladies of Notre Dame,

How the hell are ya?

As some of you may remember, Her Campus Notre Dame used to feature a weekly column called “Ask Gemma,” in which one of our writers would fearlessly and candidly answer questions about life, love, and sex for our generally reserved student body.  Unfortunately for all who came after her, Gemma has graduated, and has ventured out to seduce and scandalize the world with her particular brand of wisdom.

Luckily, Gemma could be considered my “big” in the sexual sorority that lies under wraps here at ND. Starting this week, Her Campus Notre Dame is introducing a new column run by me –Scarlett – to stir up the conversations and answer the questions that our fine university considers taboo.

This article will be written based off the opinions and experiences of myself and a few more of your peers. Obviously, we’re not one to blush at detail or specifics. No topic is off-limits. We will offer advice, commentary, debate, and sarcastic comments about long-distance relationships, dating at Notre Dame, sexual preferences, practices, positions, and penises alike.

Before we get started, we felt it would be important to lay down some ground rules for the articles to follow:

1. We are not here as closed-minded champions of sexual liberation. If you’re waiting until marriage/love/the apocalypse to engage in certain kinds of intimacy, that is your prerogative and we praise you for it. This is a no judgment zone for people of all experiences, preferences, and opinions.

2. HOWEVER, on the conservative side of that coin, we will not tolerate slut shaming in any way. The point of this series is to offer an open forum to talk about things without judgment. If a girl wants to have a one-night stand, or five, or twenty, power to her – it’s her decision and she should be empowered as much as those who refrain.

3. That being said, there are things that we will openly condemn. The list includes, but is not limited to: assault, cheating, harassment, bullying, etc. Essentially, anything that could cause harm to you or others.

Admittedly, I’m not the Buddha; I don’t have all the answers. But I am excited to offer my observations about love and sex at a campus where gender relations are unique, to say the least.

We invite each and every one of you to ask your own specific questions at AskScarlettHCND. Every week we will base our articles off of these questions, or around a subject relating to them.

Stay safe, stay sexy,

XOXO,

SCARLETT

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!. 

Images: 1, 2, 3