8 Reasons Why I Love Mindy Kaling and You Should Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

1.  She would be an amazing best friend.

I’ve thought long and hard about this; I think if I were to pick a celebrity to be best friend’s with it would be Mindy. What am I talking about think? I know. She would go shopping with you, tell you the honest truth about your clothing choices, and drink girly drinks with you. But she’s not just good for girly things; she’ll eat with you and never make you feel about getting second helpings. 

2.  She’s tired of the question about where she gets her confidence.

Her response to the question in Parade Magazine was so incredible it made me rethink my entire universe.

3.  She’s a minority female comedy lead and isn’t the skinniest person you’ve ever seen.

One stereotype that makes me “foaming-at-the-mouth-angry” is the “women can’t be funny” idea. Women are hilarious. Moreover, unfortunately, these the media typically presents funny women who are perfect skinny white women flaunting unattainable beautiful. Mindy is stunning, but not in the way we’ve gotten so used to seeing on the television and in movies as of late. Truth is: there’s nothing wrong with that.

3.  Her and B.J. Novak are the cutest non-couple out there.

If I ruled the universe (and I’m working on it), I would demand that they get married. 

4.  She’s the boss.

She is the show runner of The Mindy Project, is awesome and successful. She is the perfect example of why the stereotype of a powerful woman should not be apower-hungry-b*tch.” 

5.  She just gets it. 

Whenever she says something, I freak out. Why? Because I feel like I’ve had the same thought for awhile, but could never articulate it as well as Mindy. 

6.  She know’s how to handle hard times better than anybody. 

If you are going through a breakup, take some cues from her. 

7.  She’s good with guys. 

Her relationships on The Mindy Project are hilarious and awesome. If you haven’t seen her show yet, finish reading this article go watch it right away. 

8.  She is just the best person ever. 

Part of me hopes she has a Google alert about herself and will see the link to this article and look me up and want to be my best friend. This is a far-fetched hope, but Mindy, I wouldn’t be creeped out at all. (Just sayin’) Until then, keep being amazing. 

For more colliegette journalism, follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook!