This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Dirty chai tea lattes are far more enjoyable in the cozy setting of downtown Evanston’s Unicorn Cafe. Businesspeople, college students and families alike have discovered this small coffee shop that embodies contentment, comfort and, well, coffee.

Walking into the quaint cafe, it is obvious that it is not an over-branded, chain organization. But instead, it is a homey public space that feels comfortable enough to have private conversations while leaning back and putting your feet up. Imagine a next door neighbor’s living room, but with an authentic selection of freshly-brewed beverages as well as a home-spun menu for breakfast, lunch and dessert waiting just over the counter.

On a cold winter day, Unicorn Cafe offers warmth from both the heater and the friendly, community ambiance. College students bury their noses in their textbooks, colleagues prepare for board meetings and old friends catch up over their afternoon teas. There is a constant flow of chatter, like a faucet incapable of being turned off. It is obvious that the owners of Unicorn Cafe are cognizant of their clientele, for they have created an environment that is both bustling and relaxed.

Michelle is freshman in the Medill School of Journalism, Media, and IMC at Northwestern University. Michelle is originally from Menlo Park, CA--about forty minutes away from San Francisco and forty seconds away from Facebook HQ. When she is not writing for HerCampus, she can be found dancing. In fact, she's always dancing.