photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year to be thankful by spending time with family and friends. While it can be hectic running from class to the airport, don’t let the idea of coming up with outfits for Thanksgiving break scare you away. From a night out with friends to Black Friday shopping with the family, we’ve got you covered with the outfits to keep the Thanksgiving weekend sweet as pumpkin pie.

Night Out With Friends:

It’s Wednesday night and you *just* landed (hooray for midterms during week 10!). But your bffs from home want to grab dinner and catch up on old high school shenanigans. How can you resist? Here’s what to wear to make sure you look fresh while also ensuring you look and feel comfortable. I’d opt for ankle boots, black skirt and a sparkly top. Feel free to accessorize as desired.

Thanksgiving:

The day has finally come – it’s Thanksgiving! What does one wear to maximize pie intake and cute appeal? Sweater dresses, flowing cardigans and boots. Not only will you be prepared for an impromptu family photoshoot, you also don’t have to worry about bursting any buttons. 

Alternative: you want to look a tad more ‘dressed up.’ Perhaps sweater dresses just aren’t your style. A good option could be pairing an oversized sweater with a plaid skirt and a nice leather jacket. Channeling that pre-Holidays aesthetic while also feeling oh so cozy.

Black Friday Shopping:

Its 5 a.m. You didn’t know phones worked this early, let alone cars. Your family insists on getting to the mall for those Black Friday Deals. Here’s what to wear so your clothes can second as pajamas as soon as you return to your bed. Leggings, flannel, vest. You don’t want to wear to heavy of a jacket because you’ll probably be running from store to store searching for the best sales. 

Hanging with Friends/Family:

Going on a nice stroll with family while you’re all home for the weekend? The best way to stay cozy and comfy includes flannel (always flannel), duck boots (and socks) and infinity scarves. That way you’ll be both insta-ready and ready for a much deserved family stroll.

No matter what you wear Thanksgiving weekend, I hope you have a wonderful time reflecting on this past year and the gifts we’ve all been blessed with. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hayley is a sophomore at Northwestern University. She currently is studying Psychology, German and Marketing. She loves peach tea, pajama sets and colorful socks. You can catch her at the library, drinking tea, listening to Christmas songs way before Thanksgiving. She currently has a Taylor Swift poster hanging above her bed with twinkly lights around it and considers it one of her biggest accomplishments.