Tanner Nemkov ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Full name: Tanner Nemkov
Nicknames: Tanman, Tanny
Hometown: Denver, Colorado
Major: Journalism
Relationship Status: Single
Sign: Pisces

Likes: Anything Colorado-related. The Olympics (he’s obsessed). Eating anything.
Dislikes: Spending a lot of money on himself. Saying goodbye to his family at the end of a break. Traffic.

HC: Why did you choose Northwestern?

Tanner: It has a really good journalism program and the diving coach showed interest in me. I came on a recruiting visit and it just seemed like the right fit.

HC: What do you like about diving?

Tanner: I was a gymnast but then I got a compression fracture in my back, so I switched to diving. I like getting over fear about new dives, and a good competition is one of the best feelings. Plus I get to stay in shape and I’m close with my teammates.

HC: Describe your ideal girl.

Tanner: Funny, motivated, comfortable to be around, attractive, and flowing brown hair. Oh, and she smells good.

HC: What does a Northwestern girl have to do to catch your eye?

Tanner: Show interest in me.

HC: So many guys have been saying that lately!

Tanner: It’s true! You can’t show respond unless they let you know they’re interested.

Why HC loves Tanner: Besides being cute, he’s insanely athletic (he didn’t brag, but we happen to know he’s an excellent diver). He’s not just a regular athlete; he went fom one demanding sport to another afteran intense injury. I dare you to not be impressed. Also, so many girls are scared a guy won’t like it if they make the first move. Tanner has no problem with it, so go ahead and talk to him already!

Monica is a sophomore at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She spent her early years growing up in a small town in Minnesota, but spent the last half of her life in Seoul, South Korea where she developed a city girl love for good food finds and fashion. Journalism has been a major part of her life, but she can also be found relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching movies, and spending time with loved ones. Though she has a tough exterior, Monica is actually a romantic who loves the power of words, the importance of strength in any endeavor, and who always wears her heart on her sleeve.