This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Trend Alert: Coats 

This week, Northwestern women pulled out different types of jackets and bundled up for this cold weather. As the wind blew and the last leaves began to fall, street style women geared up for the Thanksgiving holiday by capitalizing on the opportunity to wear their favorite fall/winter outfits before the end of the quarter. 

Name: Marcela Bustillos 

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Communications 

Wearing: Top Shop Coat and Sweater, Forever 21 Jeans, Scarf, and Backpack and Timberland Boots

Favorite Winter Trend: Bomber Jackets 

Sophomore Marcela Bustillos, a former Top Shop employee, wore a Top Shop bomber jacket and sweater. Her on-trend olive green bomber jacket was perfect for this in-between type of weather. 

Name: Elissa Gray 

Year: Freshman

Major: Journalism 

Wearing: Forever 21 Pants, Target Shoes, Thrift Store Cardigan, Urban Outfitters Jean Jacket and Amazon Shirt 

Favorite Winter Trend: Knee High Socks

Freshman Elissa Gray went for a more casual look of denim-on-denim. Her denim jacket was from Urban Outfitters, which she paired with an Amazon band shirt and thrift store cardigan. She can’t wait to wear knee high socks in the near future. 

Name: Julianna Marchant 

Year: Sophomore

Major: Sociology

Wearing: Uniqlo Coat and Pants, Thrift Store Turtleneck and Urban Outfitters Boots

Favorite Winter Trend: Turtlenecks

Sophomore Julianna Marchant wore a sophisticated look, pairing her thrift store turtleneck with a Uniqlo coat and pants. This winter, Marchant is excited to wear more turtlenecks.