Seven Travel Instagram Accounts That you Need to Follow Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Navigating Instagram can be very difficult, especially if you are looking for a specific type of style. Unless the Instagramer is famous, it is unlikely that you will be able to find their profile and see their great pictures. If you are anything like me, living vicariously through Instragram photographers is my favorite thing, especially because I am constantly in the same area doing school work with a strong sense of wanderlust. As a student, I dont yet have the time or money to pursue my own travel goals, so following these amazing photographers helps me travel the world from the ease of my dorm room. In no particular order, here are seven travel instagram accounts that you seriously have to follow right now. 

1. Jared McDonald

instagram handle: jared_mcdonald_

McDonald captures insanely gorgeous landscapes and colors that you wont even believe are real. With 9151 followers, it is safe to say that he is one of the lesser known instagram travel photographers, but his pictures certainly dont reflect that. Featuring multiple different people, animals, landscapes, and mountain/waterfall scenes, he certainly has an eye for capturing the beauty of nature.  

2. Pie Aerts

instagram handle: pie_aerts

Hailing from the breathtaking country of the Netherlands, Aerts is a wonderful photographer that is skilled in capturing both city and countryside scenes as well as the occasional portrait. He covers everywhere from Peru to Italy, perfectly articulating all the details of the culture and beauty of each piece of land. His short bio states, “freezing moments. Telling stories. Always moving.” And he certainly is. 

3. Quin

Instagram handle: everchanginghorizon

Capturing the sheer immensity of the world, Quin focuses on the structures of nature and man made creations. Often photographing a human in his landscapes, when looking at this instagram feed you feel like you could truly be there with him in the collosal beauty that is the world. Looking at his photos gives you a tug in your stomach that makes you want to go out into the world and explore forever.

4. Silvan Linus

instagram handle: silvan.schlegel

An adventure photographer from Switzerland, Silvan focuses on huge nature landscapes often capturing gorgeous greenery and insane snowfalls. Many of his photos show huge mountain ranges and bodies of water, emphasizing the natural beauty of the world and not capturing man made cities or buildings. Silvan takes his audience to a whole different side of the world that we often dont see, but wish we could.

5. Benjamin Jaworskyj 

instagram handle: jaworskyj

Jaworskyj captures tons of animals, scenery, and people in his shots, and deserves every one of his 99.8K followers. He also has a youtube channel where he shoots videos of his travels and informational instruction videos that help photographers learn his many insane tactics. A self proclaimed “adventure landscape travel photographer”, Jaworskyj captures some incredible scenes of animals interacting with their habitat and humans interacting with nature. 

6. Lewis Hackett

instagram handle: lhackett

As the least well known person on this list, Hackett certainly can compete with the best of them even if is follower count doesnt reflect that. With only 4162 followers, Hackett still manages to capture some of the most gorgeous seascape scenes and architecture on instagram. He definetly impresses his fans, and deserves more recognition than he currently has. An instagram photographer since May 2014, his pictures epitimize a love for travel and shows all the beauty the world has to offer. 

7. Brendan Lynch

instagram handle: btonevibes

Brendan Lynch is not a struggling photographer; first and foremost he is an ER Nurse. With his own website, tumblr account, and instagram account, it is clear that he has a handle on social media, and it is certainly working for him (his 58K instagram followers prove that). He describes himself as a “user of a camera” and seems to really love what he does. He captures amazing pictures all over the world and seems to always be drawn to the mountains. 

All pictures belong to the instagram photographers they are placed under.