This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

This article is a part of Her Campus Northwestern’s Sex and Relationships week – a week full of themed articles and content on sex, relationships and female empowerment through your body!

To sum up HC Northwestern’s Sex and Relationships why not look at some of the people that make us fantasize what the perfect relationship would be. No not your friends or your parents (although they are good references), but your favorite ships that you root for in the best television shows. These couples are certainly not flawless, but that is why they are all on this list. They each go through their own struggles but don’t disrespect or mislead their partners in the process unlike some infamous television couples (yes Chuck and Blaire and Seth and Summer aren’t on this list for that reason). Let’s look at the fictional relationships that teach us how incredible love can be.

1. Eric and Tami- Friday Night Lights

Throughout five seasons of Friday Night Lights, Eric and Tami remain the only solid couple. Of course they fight over how to handle jobs, a new baby and an out of control teenage daughter, but they always solve their problems together. This relationship shows the sacrifice necessary to make a couple last.

2. Luke and Lorelai- Gilmore Girls

Luke and Lorelai are not a couple for most of the time Gilmore Girls aired but their relationship is more than the moment of relief fans had when they finally get together. Even when they disagreed, Luke and Lorelai supported each other and provided necessary advice that was sometimes hard for the other to hear.

3. Jim and Pam- The Office

Out of all the couples on this list, Jim and Pam certainly had the most stress free relationship once they admitted their love for each other. Toward the end of the series, however, fans saw the couple handle issues in their relationship for the first time which made their connection more realistic. But despite their frustrations with each other, Jim and Pam were willing to fight for their relationship and talk through their problems.           

4. Cory and Topanga- Boy Meets World

This is a couple everyone loves but also questions how a middle school crush can turn into a great husband. They were together for twelve years before they married and still waited to have sex until their wedding night. Cory and Topanga experienced high school and college together while seeing each other progress, and they always knew they were they were meant to be.

5. Cece and Schmidt- New Girl

Now typically if a guy meets a girl and utters “I’ma marry you,” to her he has ruined his chance of making it to a second conversation. But Cece stays with Schmidt even though when he tells her this he isn’t the type of guy who can mature and become a dependable husband. Throughout New Girl, Schmidt becomes the guy who deserves Cece and keeps his promise.

6. Lucy and Ricky- I Love Lucy

Sure Lucy was a little crazy and always scheming but Ricky didn’t try to change her. He loved all parts of her wild personality for six seasons. Her methods were unconventional but she had the best intentions and wanted to make Ricky’s dreams come true. Their chemistry continued off screen and the couple were married in real life for twenty years.

7. CT and Diem- The Challenge

Yes, this is technically not a fake couple but they did meet on television. It was a classic good girl falls for bad boy story that grew into an on-and-off relationship for years. When he was younger, CT was violent and troubled but Diem saw his potential and his ability to make her feel beautiful when she battled cancer. Since Diem’s passing in 2015, CT continues to make appearances on The Challenge and never forget their bond.

8. Jane and Michael- Jane the Virgin

Some may say that Raphael is a better choice but honestly there is no one better for Jane than Michael. They are both hilariously goofy and passionate and never ashamed of it. Each time they share a scene together, they create a magical moment that makes viewers swoon. The best part of Jane and Michael’s relationship is his extended love for Jane’s mom, grandma and son.

9. Stiles and Malia- Teen Wolf

This one might be the most controversial pick on the list but I stand behind my decision. (Sorry Lydia fans!) Stiles and Malia’s connection keeps her human since he is her “anchor.” Plus, Stiles develops his confidence after they get together and experiences his first relationship. They might not stay a couple, but they both teach each other what it means to fully love and trust another person.

10. Grace and Rich- Skins

Honestly, there isn’t another couple from Skins that could make this list. Most of the relationships on this British show were toxic and disturbing, but Grace and Rich stood out. It was a simple popular girl secretly likes an outsider storyline that grew into the show’s most meaningful relationship filled with love and lost. Grace and Rich don’t get a happy ending, but they couldn’t stop smiling when they were together.  

Ariana is a Los Angeles native who is obsessed with fashion, celebrities, music, and food. She is a journalism student in Medill at Northwestern University who enjoys reading fashion and entertainment blogs and magazines. Ariana's favorite things to do are travel, explore Los Angeles, discover new music groups, and of course watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Ariana loves writing and sharing her experiences with you and hopes you enjoy reading her stories.