Megan’s Menu- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Cups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

When I was in first grade, my mom gave me my first cookbook. As part of my birthday present, I also received a bunch of kitchen gifts – a cheese grater, a whisk and a tall, white chef hat. By the time I was in third grade, I had used these materials over and over again. Looking back, they were probably the best and most used presents I ever received (not to mention that I still have that cookbook).

And even back then, when I was only seven years old, I had a knack for making desserts. Although I guess this shouldn’t be too surprising, every child likes the sweets. But what did set me apart from every other sweet-toothed first grader was my ability to make the desserts myself (with a little parent supervision, of course – I couldn’t be responsible for burning the house down, now, could I?).  So when developing this recipe, I combined two of my childhood favorites – chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake – to create a quick, easy and delicious dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth, young or old.

Ingredients

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Make your favorite recipe or buy premade from the grocery store if you prefer)

Mini Cupcake Foils/Cups (can also make regular sized)

1 (8 oz) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
½ teaspoon Vanilla

Directions (For Cheesecake)

1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
  2. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is combined.

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Line a 24-piece muffin pan with cupcake foils.
  3. Place a spoonful of cookie dough in each cupcake foil.
  4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookie spreads to edge of cup.
  5. Pour cheesecake batter over the chocolate chip cookie in each cup until cupcake foil is almost full.
  6. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set.
  7. Cool completely in pan or on a wire rack.
  8. Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.

If desired, you can also top these treats with a fruit filling, such as one that would be used for pie.

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo