absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Points for Purpose Team Member, Alicia Kranjc!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

As the quarter winds down, Points for a Purpose starts up. This campus organization allows students to donate their remaining meal points to help food insecurity in the community. Learn more about the organization and one of its members, Alicia Kranjc! 

Name: Alicia Kranjc

Year: Junior

Hometown: Wheaton, IL

Major: Manufacturing and Design Engineering

Tell us about Points for a Purpose:

Points for a Purpose is a organization on campus that pairs with our dining services to allow students to donate their extra points and cat cash during the last two weeks of every quarter. These points then translate into dollars which go to feeding those in the Evanston area and Chicago. How you might ask?! Some points go towards our partnership with Campus Kitchens that go towards supporting a variety of local organizations including the YWCA, the Salvation Army, and Connections for the Homeless, as well as delivering to home bound elderly in the Evanston area. The drive is going on right now and ends on Friday!

What is your role in the organization?

I’ve focused a lot on the marketing aspect this past year. As a new organization, the structure is rather recent and changing. It’s a pretty awesome thing to watch an organization grow like that. 

How did you get involved?

I am fortunate enough to have super proactive friends like Bryan and Dean (P4P founders), and when they were looking to bring in P4P members, I applied immediately.

What else are you involved in on campus?

Other fun things I do on campus are tour guiding, dance marathon committees, VP of Administration of my sorority, and just finished up being on Design for America exec.

What’s your go-to snack at C-stores?

This is a good flashback to freshman year because I have to say the C-store sushi. I know it scares a lot of people but I’m from the midwest so I really don’t know any better.