Meet Jamie Spain and Meg Biederman, HC NU’s Incredible Staff Writers/Instagram and Pinterest Queens!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Meg Biederman

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Age: 19 Year: Sophomore

Major: English  

Name: Jamie Spain

Hometown: Cleveland, OH

Age: 20 (My birthday was 2 days ago so no longer a teen)

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism and Psychology

What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?

MB: Hang out with my friend Jamie haha. But honestly for the most part I’m really just a homebody – I spend most of my time reading.

JS: I definitely have to agree. I usually spend my saturday nights with Meg or reading. I just finished The Girl on the Train and it was wild.

What is your go-to song right now?

MB: “Bom Bidi Bom” by Nick Jonas & Nicki Minaj

JS: Shape of You by Ed Sheeran

You both are posting dope memes on Instagram – what is your favorite meme at the moment?

MB: Meme moment or specific meme? My favorite meme moment is the “jumping to conclusions memes” specifically the one where Lady Gaga hurls herself off that tower during the super bowl.

JS: I feel like cat memes are the superior form of memes and I could not tell you why. Cats are just meant to be a meme. They have this hidden talent.

If you were to have any pet in the world, what would it be and why?

MB: I’m so unoriginal but honestly the dog I already have! He’s a flat-coated retriever and his name is Bodhi!

JS: Can all the pets be an option. I want all the dogs. Meg and I love admiring other people’s dogs when we walk to class.

What do you think Beyonce should name her twins?

MB: Well Destiny has to be the name of one of the children because OMG wouldn’t you just die if she had A CHILD NAMED DESTINY. Also, if the other is a girl too can she be Sasha? I don’t think Beyonce should have boys I would be kinda upset tbh I want the girl power movement to be the whole family’s thing

JS: Okay I can’t argue with Destiny because that would be undoubtedly the perfect name for Beyonce’s child, but then I would feel bad for the other twin because Destiny is clearly the better name. Maybe beyonce will name her other child after nature too, like willow or something. Hey, she could go Green Willow and then keep with the theme.

See any good (or bad) movies recently?

MB: Rogue One was soooo good. I really didn’t do the whole Star Wars thing growing up – my dad loved them but we only ever had them on VHS and I thought they were long and boring, but I am a convert. But Rogue One was amazing and, I think, better than Force Awakens.

JS: La La Land actually killed me. It was so insanely good that I was surprised I could walk out of the theater. There isnt even one specific part of it that was amazing, the whole thing just worked together so perfectly that it created a crazy good film.

What’s the weirdest food concoction you’ve eaten?

MB: I never eat weird food – I basically eat like a five year old constantly.

JS: I don’t really eat weird food concoctions. I eat some strange foods, but when it starts getting into mixing things that do not belong together, I stay far far away. I don’t even let my food touch on my plate.

What do you prefer: Pinterest or Instagram? And why?

MB: I love Pinterest because you can spend endless amounts of time on it and never get bored. Basically a black hole of time.

JS: I love Instagram because of my love for photography. I secretly want to take pictures of everything and I love stalking travel instagrammers and living vicariously through them.

What do you think makes a picture Insta-worthy?

MB: On my personal instagram, lighting! But also just whatever photos make you feel good! On our insta, I just want to make viewers smile, so I post things that make me smile!

JS: That is a question I am still trying to figure out. It definitely depends on the aesthetic of the account. Some people can pull off literally anything.

What do you want our readers to know about you?

MB: I’m sorry if you’re a cat person because we basically post dog memes all the time – but maybe we can add in some kittens for you guys!

JS: Meg and I just really love dogs and sarcastic posts. We like to make fun of ourselves and keep things light.

Alani Vargas

Northwestern

Alani is a native to Chicago with a passion for women's rights, journalism and coffee. She is a senior at Northwestern, majoring in journalism at Medill. She's on the magazine track and studied in Florence last fall, advancing her second major in history. Alani has written for Her Campus national and her Northwestern chapter since freshman year and is now the Editor-in-Chief and CC for her chapter. She's also currently a freelancer for Elite Daily When Alani isn't working, binge watching Supergirl, Buffy or the billion other shows she keeps up with, she enjoys music and geeking out over Star Wars or anything Marvel. Follow Alani on twitter and instagram at @alanimv!
Elana Golub

Northwestern '18