Meet James and the Giant Peach Star Rosie Jo Neddy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

From February 13th to March 1st,  James and the Giant Peach will be performed in the Mussetter-Struble Theater on 1949 Campus Drive. Based off of the Roald Dahl novel, the performance is whimsical and filled with adventure and magic. We got an interview with Northwestern’s own Rosie Jo Neddy, who is playing Ladybug in the play!

Name: Rosie Jo Neddy
Hometown: Canfield, OH
Year: 2017
Major: Theatre

Tell me a little bit about James and the Giant Peach!

So James and the Giant Peach is a new Pasek and Paul musical, adapted, of course, from the Roald Dahl book. The rights are only now going through the availability process, and we are the first ever to do the TYA (Theatre for Young Audiences) version of show. 

What is your role in the play?

I play Ladybug. I also choreographed the production along with my wonderful assistant, Michael Herwitz.

What has been your favorite part of performing?

The best parts of performing this show in particular are living in the immense amounts of heart and wonder of the story and being on stage with this THRILLING cast.

Who is your theater crush?

Bernadette Peters

What else are you involved in on campus?

I’m currently working on Merrily We Roll Along, a StuCo show I’m choreographing next quarter. I’m also on the Waa-Mu Show Exec Board.