Meet Incoming ReFresH President, Jisoo Lee!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Meet Jisoo Lee, education chair of ReFresH and the incoming President. ReFresH has their first ever indepedent show debuting this weekend and Jisoo has been busy with Tech Week and planning awesome PR for “The Show”. Despite all this, she took some time to answer some questions from HC Northwestern! 

What’s unique about ReFresH as a dance group at Northwestern?

There are a couple things unique about ReFresH in general. Normally, most dance groups have auditions in the fall or winter and it’s for permanent membership, but we hold auditions on a show-by-show basis to give more opportunities for dancers to either take a quarter off or give new people a chance. 

What sparked the idea for ReFresH to have their own independent production?

I think this is something that ReFresH has been talking about for a while, but with the recent influx in membership and popularity this year, we really thought it was about time to have our time and effort be put into something more meaningful at the end of the year. 

What are you most excited for “The Show”?

I’m excited about a lot of things. I know a lot of students on campus know about ReFresH Dance Crew, but I feel like this is our real “debut.” It’s an entire show with content created by ReFresH, and I’m really excited for the audience to enjoy it and for the show to become an annual event. 

The PR for the show has been awesome! (This vid is my fave!) How did you think of the strategy?

We have a small but diligent group of RTVF majors and graphic designers on the team, which has been great. Our main focus has been to reach out to a wide audience and let them know about ReFresH Show since it’s our first one. Although we like to incorporate dance into our promos, our main goal was to create short but entertaining viral promos that will intrigue people to want to come watch the show. 

What are you most excited about for next year as President?

It’s been a very progressive year for ReFresH, in a lot of ways. I’m really blessed with an amazing executive board next year, and I think all of us have a great vision for the team. I’m excited to tweak and experiment with our current structure as we go forward, but also stick to our traditional ways. I think one of the biggest things we might do next year is perform at a competition, which will be pretty exciting for all of us. 

Make sure to check out “The Show” Saturday, May 23rd, at 10 p.m. and Sunday, May 24th, at 7 p.m. in Ryan Auditorium. Tickets are $5!