Apps to Make You Feel Like Your Life is Totally Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Happy winter quarter! Now that we’re two weeks in, the workload and stress can start to pile up faster than the snow on the side of Sheridan Road. And the additional pressures from sorority recruitment and internship apps haven’t been helping either. It’s ok! Whether you have yet to open a textbook or just want a technological sidekick to help you along, here are some tried and true apps that can help you make the most of this quarter.

Sleep Cycle: Getting enough sleep is imperative for maximum productivity, and logging your sleep schedule can do wonders. Before I started logging my sleep, I had no idea how little I was really sleeping.  A good night’s sleep is so satisfying on its own, but seeing it plotted on your phone provides that extra boost of motivation for a superior snooze. Sleep Cycle also wakes you up in the lightest sleep phase to make your mornings that much more pleasant. 

Balanced: Balanced helps you meet goals, create habits and “get more out of life.” Add activities that you want to accomplish like “Drink water,” “Hit the gym,” or “Call an old friend.” Each time you complete an activity, swipe the icon to the right to log it. Visually recording your activities offers incentive and satisfaction for taking care of yourself. It’s also a gorgeous app and if Lilly Pulitzer planners have taught us anything, it’s that pretty things make productivity more fun.

Any.Do: There are tons of to-do list apps out there (trust me, I’ve tried them ALL), but I keep coming back to Any.Do. Its simplicity makes it quick and simple to add activities. Plus you can log reminders to prompt you throughout the day.

Goodbudget: If you’re not already budgeting, it’s a terrific habit to adopt. Goodbudget lets you sort your spending into categories including entertainment, utilities, rent, and groceries. It’s all too easy to let excessive spending get out of control (hello, cabs to the Deuce) but recording spending habits can help you recognize shopping patterns and avoid unnecessary purchases. 

Maya Voelk

Northwestern