Your Holiday Playlist For Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes. And although it’s hard to squeeze in a Christmas movie binge with finals coming up, the least you can do is start listening to your favorite tunes while you study. Here’s a list of songs that’ll get you pumped for finals and into the holiday spirit at the same time!

Sleigh Ride – Fun.

This classic winter song, revitalized by Fun., is the perfect way to get pumped up for your exams next week and get into the holiday spirit at the same time!

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey

Any holiday playlist would be remiss without Mariah Carey’s catchy tune, not to mention the cute music video that goes along with it! Listen to this when you’re feeling stressed out and you won’t be able to help but cheer up.

Boots – The Killers

If you’re a fan of The Killers, you’ll be pleased to find out that this is one of their several holiday tunes. If you just can’t wait for the semester to end so you can go home, put this song on and you’ll feel like you’re there already.

All My Bells are Ringing – Lenka

Australian artist Lenka effortlessly captures the holiday spirit in this sweet song. It’s a great song to listen to with your S.O., and might also be the perfect addition to your study playlist.  

Elf’s Lament – Barenaked Ladies

This silly yet poignant song about the life of a Christmas elf might just capture the frustration you’re feeling as you’re studying continuously for the next couple of weeks. Remember that even the elves have it rough and maybe you’ll feel a sense of solidarity!

Winter Song – Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles

If you’re not quite ready to delve into real live holiday music, this quiet, pretty tune by Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles is a great way to get started. It’s the perfect backdrop to studying and to the snow outside.

Baby It’s Cold Outside – Various Artists

This duet is pretty much perfect for every occasion, and there are enough renditions out there to satisfy any picky listener. Check out this version by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lady Gaga from last year!

All Alone on Christmas – Darlene Love

You can’t forget about the classics. This song by Darlene Love appears in a large portion of famous holidays movies (think Home Alone 2 and Love Actually), and encapsulates everything there is to love about the holidays with just the right amount of nostalgia.

Happy listening!

Gwen Schanker

Northeastern

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: