This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Fall is finally upon us, which means the leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and pumpkin spice lattes can be found everywhere. When you are not out and about appreciating the beauty of this wonderful season (and taking pictures to post on Instagram), you should definitely be spending your time curled up watching one of your favorite chick flicks. Whether it be for a girls night in with face masks or a casual date night with some snacks, any of these 10 movies are the perfect choice to make you feel all warm and fuzzy like your favorite pair of Ugg boots.

The Tearjerkers: Sometimes you just need a Nicholas Sparks kind of night

A Walk to Remember (2002): If Shane West was not your middle school movie crush, then you were definitely doing something wrong. This is the epitome of romance and bawling. Have your tissues ready.

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly 

The Notebook (2004): Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling kissing in the rain equals ICONIC. With multiple storylines of the present, the future, and the past, your emotions will get the best of you at every turn.                                                                                                                    Courtesy of PinImg

Just One More Time…: You may have seen these a couple of times, but they never get old

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003): Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are a dream team. There’s wit, there’s charm, and most importantly there’s a love fern.

Courtesy of CDN

The Devil Wears Prada (2006): Miranda Priestly is the definition of a scary boss, but you must admit her style is on point. The glitz, the glamour, and the struggles that Anne Hathaway goes through and overcomes to work at a top fashion magazine is what every girl secretly dreams of. Definitely an all time favorite.

Courtesy of Tumblr

Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011): Aside from having one of Hollywood’s favorite on screen duo, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, you simply cannot miss said duo recreating “the move” from Dirty Dancing. This would be with Ryan’s shirt off and his “photoshop abs” on display of course.

Courtesy of Tumblr

Oldies, but Goodies: Their outdated clothes will not be the only thing to make you laugh

10 Things I Hate About You (1999): Young Heath Ledger and teenage angst. Enough said.

Courtesy of WordPress

Clueless (1995): Before Blair Waldorf and Regina George, there was Alicia Silverstone as Cher. This is where girl squads with coordinating outfits came into the scene.

Courtesy of Daily Mail

Sweet Home Alabama (2002): You can’t deny good ol’ Southern charm. You also can’t deny Reese Witherspoon stuck in your good ol’ classic love triangle.

Courtesy of Tumblr

The Classics: This is where #relationshipgoals really began

Sleepless in Seattle (1993): Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks, and an adorable child making it all happen. Who can say no to that?

Courtesy of WordPress

When Harry Met Sally (1989): This is what every boy-girl friendship fears, but in this movie Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal pull off the friendship-turned-relationship flawlessly. Plus, the autumn leaves in New York City are what dreams are made of.

Courtesy of WordPress

Laura Moya

Northeastern

Senior Communications and Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Business Administration at Northeastern University. From Miami, Florida. Avid coffee drinker, TV junkie, travel lover. President and Campus Correspondent at HCNU.