This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

My freshman year, a few friends and I were hanging out in our common room watching TLC when an RA asked us what we were doing. I quickly responded, “We are Watching Say Yes to the Dress,” sarcastically I added,  “Because it’s every girls dream to get married and find that perfect dress.” The RA looked at me condescendingly and told me I needed to take a women’s studies class. She can judge all she wants, but loving wedding shows doesn’t mean you are automatically a disgrace to the feminist cause. I spent a shameless amount of time this past summer getting some needed R&R while catching up on my favorite wedding shows. During this time I started to wonder “what about this is so entertaining and why can’t I stop?!” Upon plenty of contemplation, I have gathered the top 4 best wedding shows and why we love them.

4. Bridezillas (WE)

Why we love it: Two words—the first rhymes with “Hit” and starts with an “S”, and the second word is “show.” These are essentially brides that feel entitled to be horrible people, so basically it is the definition of YOU CAN’T LOOK AWAY. There’s something about this kind of ridiculous behavior where you are mixed between feeling disgusted and intrigued. Antics such as padlocking the fridge so the bridesmaids lose weight, arguing about matching bride & groom tattoos, and being too incoherent to remember the vows just makes you wonder how real grown up people can act like this and all for one day of your life. So if you find yourself unable to turn off the TV during a Bridezillas marathon (they are on ALL the time) chop it up to the fact that you can’t stop wondering what crazy thing they’ll do next. Before you know it you’ll find yourself making bets on which marriages will survive. Hint: majority of them probably don’t!

3. Randy To the Rescue (TLC)

Why we love it: I’m sorry; I know there are a whole plethora of dress related bridal shows but I decided I could only pick one… and I decided Randy’s special “head to hem” makeover puts his show a cut above the rest. We love Say Yes to the Dress because on some level we connect to the bride when they reach that sentimental moment where they find “the one.” We love it because we love their crazy guest they bring on to “Help” but usually just cause extra drama. We love critiquing the brides dress choices (really? You want a see through dress?). My favorite is how every time they try on a dress over budget, just to “see,” it’s always the dress they fall in love with (gets ’em every time). Finally, these shows wouldn’t be so magnificent if not for the sassy remarks from the consultants. Randy to the Rescue dominates because it has all these features but the added bonus of the “Head to Hem.” There’s something so incredible about seeing the look all together, something we only see briefly at the end of an episode of Say Yes. We want to see that beautiful bride step out looking flawless, it’s that added closure we need.

2. Four Weddings (TLC)

Why we love it: Four Weddings takes wedding TV to a whole new level. Each episode four brides judge each other’s weddings based on dress, food, venue and overall experience. The winner gets a dream honeymoon. When you are watching this show you feel like you are bride number 5 and you are the ultimate judge. Along with some creative and great ideas for weddings you also get to see those “what was she thinking” ideas. And don’t forget how fun it is to see the cut throatiness of these tough, often bitchy, brides… “Omg the salad had lettuce in it, I hate lettuce, I’m totally deducting my score for that!” Like really? Ultimately Four Weddings has it all, the fascination what unique twist on a wedding each bride has in store, the drama of competing brides, and the crazy antics of guest brides. After watching enough of these episodes you’ll definitely be able to create the ultimate formula for creating a winning wedding– hint the dry weddings NEVER win!

1. My Fair Wedding with David Tutera (WE)

Why we love it: I’m not even going to sugar coat it; this summer I watched every episode of this show that was available on Netflix, and I’m not even ashamed. My Fair Wedding takes brides whose weddings are absolute disasters and transforms them with the help of David Tutera! This is why the show is so awesome, David Tutera, every bride’s fairy godfather, turns the tackiest themes classy and plans the ultimate weddings to every last detail. To name a few he has classed up a swamp, mini truck, burlesque and monopoly themed weddings. The best part is the element of surprise; neither the viewer nor the brides know what he will pick for the day of the wedding. If this wasn’t enough, which it is, the most recent season called My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, Unveiled features the crazy, ungrateful, drama-filled brides. Sure it’s great watching the usual brides weep about how thankful they are for David, but in Unveiled David has no filter! You finally get to see the sassy side you always knew he had. And let me tell you, David say’s what’s on your mind in a much more hilarious way. Don’t even get me started on his facial expressions too; they should be a gif by now. Overall he’s got it all, and if you are reading this, David, please please plan my future wedding.   

Stephanie Cohn

Northeastern

Stephanie is a Sophomore Journalism major at Northeastern University and has been with her campus for about a year now. She spent her first semester abroad in Costa Rica where she discovered her passion for writing through weekly blog assignments. Stephanie is now in the process of pursuing a minor in Latin American studies and hopes that someday to cover the region. Currently she is the Hub Health intern for Boston Magazine and the promotions chair for Hercampus Northeastern. Outside of HerCampus she enjoys healthy baking, yoga, creative writing, and spending time with her Sigma Kappa sorority sisters. 
Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!