This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Congratulations! You have made it out of Halloweekend alive. Now it’s time to hang up your Halloween costumes, finish the last of the candy and throw away those rotting pumpkins. As you come back to reality and begin to catch up on all the homework you should have been doing this weekend, a sweeping sensation of disappointment rushes through you. Yes, Halloween is unfortunately over… but wait! You still have Thanksgiving to look forward to! Unfortunately, the time between Thanksgiving and Halloween seems to be every professor’s favorite time to drown you in projects and exams. And after Thanksgiving Break, there is only one week of classes, which leaves you scrambling to get things done without even a second to dream about turkey. Also for you huskies going on co-op in the spring, the chance to find a job is narrowing. On the toughest of days, you don’t think you’ll actually make it to Thanksgiving. Don’t worry though, you will prevail and finally enjoy the glorious taste of pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes. However, if you need a little help, HerCampus NU has provided some little things that’ll help you make it through this stressful time.

1. Indulge in Starbuck’s holiday flavors

It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year because as of November 1st, Starbucks Holiday flavors are out. Studying late night? Treat yourself, especially because these decadent flavors won’t last long!

2. Break out your comfiest sweaters.

October is a tease when it comes to sweaters. Some days you think its perfect for that big sweater but then it warms up halfway through the day. November is when we enter the big leagues and you can really bring out your best.

3. Thanksgiving TV specials

When you are stressed, study breaks are key to surviving. Take this time to enjoy your favorite Thanksgiving TV specials… it will be the perfect way to relax and at the same time will motivate you to make it to the holiday.

4. Football Sundays

While we are the topic of study breaks, Football Sundays get even more exciting as the playoffs approach. More is at stake so teams must bring their best. Even if you don’t like football, it’s a perfect excuse to grab some of your friends and do something together.

5. Take a walk

The foliage isn’t going to last long. Take some time to enjoy the crisp fall air and beautiful scenery while it’s still around because come Thanksgiving the trees will be bare.

6. Veteran’s Day

Thanksgiving isn’t the only holiday in November! November 11th is Veterans Day which means you get a long weekend to not only catch up on work, but also do something out of the ordinary with your friends. Believe me, you’ll have plenty of time to be productive, so don’t forget to have a little fun!

7. Holiday Shopping

Looking for something stress relieving? Start your holiday shopping before the December rush. You won’t regret getting it done early and it’ll give you a chance to indulge in some retail therapy!

Stephanie Cohn

Northeastern

Stephanie is a Sophomore Journalism major at Northeastern University and has been with her campus for about a year now. She spent her first semester abroad in Costa Rica where she discovered her passion for writing through weekly blog assignments. Stephanie is now in the process of pursuing a minor in Latin American studies and hopes that someday to cover the region. Currently she is the Hub Health intern for Boston Magazine and the promotions chair for Hercampus Northeastern. Outside of HerCampus she enjoys healthy baking, yoga, creative writing, and spending time with her Sigma Kappa sorority sisters. 
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!