This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Even though midterms are (mostly) behind us, November can be one of the most stressful months of the fall semester. Not only are the tests and papers still piling up, but also the horror that is Finals Week is starting to feel a lot closer than it did a few weeks ago. Having trouble staying calm throughout the day while constantly trying to squash the feeling of OMG-there-is-so-much-to-do-I-actually-don’t-know-how-I’m-going-to-do-it-all? Yeah, same here. Here are some tips to relieve your never-ending stress without actually slowing down your productivity.

1. Take a nap. For years, I felt like naps were one of those things that you were either good at or you weren’t – I still find myself saying, “I don’t take naps” at least once a week. What I’ve learned is that anyone can benefit from a good nap when they really need it. College students are pretty much constantly suffering from lack of sleep, so a nap might actually better prepare you for that afternoon exam than spending the next two hours cramming. Side note for the remaining nap skeptics: napping doesn’t have to mean sleeping. It can also mean reading a book, watching a show, going for a walk or listening to music. Any form of “doing nothing” for an hour or so will suffice.

1. Keep an ongoing to-do list. If you have so much to do that you can’t keep it all in your head at the same time, sometimes a concrete, handwritten list can be a great way to realistically assess what’s in store. Also, checking off an item releases endorphins, which makes you more motivated to move on to what’s next.

1. Indulge yourself. If you’ve been working for the past six hours and you just can’t do another chemistry problem right this minute but you have to, that kind of panic is probably a sign that you should take a break. Watch this week’s episode of your favorite show or grab coffee with a friend – it won’t set you back very far on your studying and will likely give you a renewed burst of energy.

1. Connect with family. If you live close to school, head home for a weekend, or just give a family member a call and ask how they’re doing. A new environment at home might be just what you need to get that paper finished, but whatever the case, it’ll be nice to open up to someone you care about.

1. Do something fun. Even if you know you’ll inevitably spend most of your weekend studying, it’s healthy to have one night of fun. Try a new restaurant with your S.O. or go out dancing with your girls – whatever it takes to make you forget about homework, at least for a couple of hours. After an evening of enjoying yourself, maybe your mountain of work won’t seem so bad when you wake up Sunday morning.

We’re in the home stretch, collegiettes – only a few more weeks of school. Just keep your stress in check and you’ll be jetting off for Winter Break in no time!

Gwen Schanker

Northeastern

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: