samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Stages of Finals Week, As Told by Mellie Grant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s Reading Day and most of your exams are next week, so you decide to unwind over the next few days. After all, you have so much time!

You ask your friend if she wants to have a wine night, but she says she wants to get a head start on studying. You roll your eyes, as you are still in denial that Finals Week is coming. 

After doing nothing productive all weekend, it is now Sunday night and you realize you are screwed.

You stay up all night cramming for your exam on Monday. However, you don’t understand your notes and the test is cumulative. 

Despite this, you walk into your first exam feeling confident …until you read over the questions and doubt sets in

Did we learn this?

We DEFINITELY did not learn this!

Was this is the “required” reading?

After getting through the first horrible exam, you decide you really need to buckle down in the library. This was supposed to be the semester you got your GPA up after all. 

Stress eating starts to set in

And your appearance takes a bit of a toll…

Your friends who didn’t procrastinate start to worry about you

Despite some setbacks, you put yourself back together before your last exam and walk out knowing you aced it. 

And as soon as it came, Finals Week is over… until next semester. 

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: