Registering for Classes as Told by Marshall Eriksen

For all you How I Met Your Mother fans, I am going to break down the process of registering for classes through Marshall Eriksen. We all know the struggle, from waiting for timesheets to counting down to the seconds before you can attack the registration list. Luckily, I will be on co-op in January, but to all of you preparing for the most intense moment of the semester, good luck!

1. When you look at your degree audit/NU path and start listing courses you need to take.

Courtesy of Giphy

2. Choosing courses based on whether you love/hate the professor…

Courtesy of Giphy

3. When Courseoff makes your life easier!

Courtesy of Giphy

4. Contemplating between the class that starts at 8am or the class that ends at 9pm…

Courtesy of Giphy

5. When there’s five minutes left and you need to pull up your final list of classes, course numbers, planned timetable, and everything else to register.

Courtesy of Giphy

6. There’s 30 seconds left and you’re hitting the refresh button like there’s no tomorrow.

Courtesy of Giphy

7. THE REGISTRATION PAGE IS LIVE AND YOU START TO SLOWLY PANIC!

Courtesy of Giphy

8. YOUR HANDS SHAKE AS YOU TYPE IN EACH COURSE NUMBER FRANTICALLY.

Courtesy of Giphy

9. TWO MINUTES LATER YOU TRIPLE CHECK EVERY NUMBER IS CORRECT AND PRESS SUBMIT.

Courtesy of Giphy

10. You release the breath you’ve been holding and sigh in relief that you are sorted till the next semester…

Courtesy of Giphy

About The Author

Freshman international student from Dubai
Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Computer Science
Love exploring the city and trying out new and delicious food!