Nine Things That Happen When You are a Royals Fan in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Kansas and Boston are two very different places.  I absolutely love it here, but one of the biggest adjustments for me has been the complete lack of Royals love.  I mean, come on!  How could you not appreciate this lovable bunch!  Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be changing any minds soon.  Here are 9 things that happen when you’re a Royals fan in Boston:

1. You get a lot of confused looks whenever you mention wanting to watch the game.

2. You own lots of team apparel and will proudly sport it anywhere and everywhere.

3. No one understands last year’s crushing loss in game 7 of the series.

4. With each day the magic number until the playoffs gets smaller and smaller, and yet no one will share in your excitement.

5. Not being able to watch the games on local TV is absolute torture.

6. No one else knows the magic of Kauffman Stadium.

7. You are already trying to convince your friends to watch the playoff games with you – to no avail.

8. The names Hosmer, Moustakas, and Gordon don’t ring any bells for your friends, which means…

9. No one will ever come close to understanding the beauty that is Eric Hosmer.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: