Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Features

In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness: Runway for Recovery

By Northeastern Contributor
October 24, 2014 - 10:58am

Breast cancer is never welcomed; the experience is not positive and the repercussions from this terrible disease can be detrimental. However, Runway for Recovery, a non-profit organization that creates a stage for those heroes among us who have battled breast cancer, or for the children of those who have passed away, is redefining what breast cancer can mean. READ MORE

Halloween Events on Campus!

By Morgan Weadock
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

As Halloween starts to approach, Northeastern prepares to entertain its students. If you haven't noticed the signs around campus, here is an overview of some of the events happening: Tuesday, October 21 AfterHours will be showing Halloweentown (everyone's favorite Disney Channel movie) and giving out free pumpkin cheesecake. Halloweentown is 16 years old, so get ready to feel nostalgic.  Sunday, October 26 Pumpkin Palooza will be held in Centennial Circle. There will be free pumpkins, pumpkin carving, cider, caramel apples and more! READ MORE

7 Things to Do in Salem

By Jillian Ferrari
October 16, 2014 - 1:00am

If you’re looking for a day trip to put you in the Halloween spirit, there’s no better place than Salem—Massachusetts’s very own Halloweentown! Getting there from Northeastern is easy: Take the Orange line to North Station, and then hop on the Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail line. Salem is the fourth stop—about a 30-minute ride. Considering Salem’s abundance of historical sites, haunted houses, and festive events, you’ll definitely want to plan your day (and your costume) in advance. You can find a full list of events and attractions at Salem Haunted Happenings, but below are seven suggestions to get you started. The Haunted Neighborhood READ MORE...

NU Life Hacks

By Madelaine
October 14, 2014 - 1:00am

Northeastern is a big school, and it’s easy to get either lost or distracted on campus. No one wants to be the awkward confused freshman (especially if you’re actually a sophomore or above). Follow these tips, and Northeastern will be easy to navigate! 1.    Get the CBORD app. With the app you can get let into your own building, and be signed into friends’ buildings. Now you won’t have to text your roommates 18 times asking for help when you lose your Husky Card! READ MORE

Top Halloween Candies

By Melissa Healy
October 9, 2014 - 1:00am

Separated into two categories because they just cannot compare. Chocolate: Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins These delicious treats are at the top of this list and they should be at the top of yours as well. They are the essence of Halloween. http://wearthecheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pumpkin-reeses.jpg READ MORE

UNItiques: A College Shopaholic’s Solution

By Morgan Weadock
October 8, 2014 - 2:00am

We all know how hard it is to shop on a budget. However, we also know how hard it is to shop for your dorm, a new wardrobe, while saving money to pay for tuition, textbooks, food, and a social life on a budget in college! Many students resort to looking for deals or selling items for money on E-bay or Craigslist, but how reliable or safe are either of those options? Especially for women. READ MORE

20 Demoralizing Laundry Situations

By Jillian Ferrari
October 7, 2014 - 1:00am

As if you needed any reminders, laundry is the worst.   When all of your socially acceptable clothes are dirty, so you have to trek to the laundry room in your most embarrassing sweats and t-shirt combo… and then proceed to pass every person imaginable When you decide to do laundry on a Wednesday night to avoid the weekend madness and discover just about everyone else in your building had the same plan READ MORE

We Should All Listen to Emma Watson

By Patricia Fontanet
October 6, 2014 - 1:00am

Emma Watson is known for being many things: Hermione Granger, an Ivy-League graduate, devilishly good looking, and most recently… a feminist. Recently, Watson, a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, received a standing ovation after addressing the United Nations with a speech that advocated for gender equality. She spoke about the challenges of achieving gender equality, and encouraged both men and women to embrace the word “feminism.” READ MORE

What the T Fare Increase Means for You

By Northeastern Contributor
October 3, 2014 - 1:00am

One of the essential yet dreaded parts of any college student’s life is planning their budget.  Budget becomes everything as the school year progresses.  If you want to have enough to eat for the year, it’s important to budget early. READ MORE

Eating Right

By Anna Wendt
September 30, 2014 - 10:34am

Do you work out like a maniac but are slow to see results? This could be for two reasons: 1. It takes 4 weeks to really see results in yourself; the human body doesn’t change overnight, it takes time to develop muscles and shed weight. 2. You are still eating more than you should be. If your goal is to lose weight, there are some things you need to keep in mind READ MORE