Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Features

5 Fall Essentials for Back to School + 20% Off Yours!

By Kate Moriarty
August 22, 2014 - 8:00am

Summer may be coming to a close, collegiettes, but there are plenty of things to look forward to as you prepare to head back to campus (back-to-school shopping, anyone?)! Take a break from worrying about whether you’ll like your new professors to focus on some of the most important aspects of fall fashion: boots, shoes and bags! READ MORE

Exclusive Reed Krakoff Shopping Event!

By Northeastern Contributor
May 8, 2014 - 12:07am

Although many collegiates on other campuses are preparing for finals or packing up their dorms, many of you are still at Northeastern for summer classes or for co-op. This gives you guys plenty of time to check out the exclusive shopping event Reed Krakoff is hosting for the month of May! Reed Krakoff is a store that sells handbags, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories. From May 1st to May 31st, its Bolyston location on Saks Fifth Avenue is offering a 20% discount on entire purchases to current or graduating college students! It is the perfect chance to get a professional bag to use on co-op, a nice necklace for your mom for Mother's Day, or an end of spring semester celebratory splurge for yourself!...

Saying Goodbye to Boston

By Emily Feltault
April 16, 2014 - 6:37pm

Whether it’s for four months or the foreseeable future, saying so long to such an amazing city is never easy. Boston has so much to offer our generation in terms of opportunities, entertainment and convenience. Everything you could ever need is right around the corner or a “quick” T ride away. For the seniors who are becoming real people outside of Beantown, or even the freshman leaving for the first time, here are some things to reminisce about. READ MORE

10 Things Huskies Can't Live Without

By Stephanie Cohn
April 8, 2014 - 9:39am

Ultimate Springfest Playlist

By Gwen Schanker
April 4, 2014 - 8:00am

Northeastern’s long-awaited Springfest concert, hosted by the Council for University Programs (CUP) is coming up on Saturday, April 5, and will feature a wide range of talents. From the motivational Sara Bareilles to the earnest Cold War Kids to the indescribable Snoop Dogg, NU.F.O. Springfest Concert 2014 has something for everyone. Below is Her Campus Northeastern’s guide to the featured Springfest musicians, with just a few of the songs you need to know all the lyrics to before doors open at 5:00p.m. Saturday. So get to it, collegiettes, and see you at the concert! READ MORE

10 Things We'll Miss about HIMYM

By Emily Feltault
March 31, 2014 - 8:11am

All good things must come to an end. This includes the television shows we grew up with and learned to love, like Full House and Boy Meets World. The next greatest loss of this kind will be that of How I Met Your Mother, a sitcom that centers on a father, Ted Mosby, telling his two children just how he met their mother, a story that went on for nine years and is sadly wrapping up TODAY.   READ MORE

The Best (and Worst) April Fool's Jokes

By Her Campus Northeastern
March 27, 2014 - 8:00am

April Fool's Day was fun in first grade (think whoopee cushions and prank calls), but pranks are for big people, too! Being in college doesn't mean that you have to give up the holiday fun. In fact, it's time to step up your game! After all, there's no better way to procrastinate a project than by messing with your loved ones. Disclaimer: We aren't responsible for the outcomes of these pranks. If your roommate is a little crazy or you and your S/O are on the rocks, this probably isn't the time. Use discretion, people. The switch READ MORE

Your Next Spring Break

By Sarah deSimas
March 25, 2014 - 8:00am

Northeastern's Unconventional Schedule

By Gwen Schanker
March 17, 2014 - 9:15am

It’s undeniable that, due to the co-op program and subsequent need to take summer classes, Northeastern has a pretty bizarre schedule. Returning from a first-week-in-March Spring Break and being only a few weeks away from starting summer in April has caused me to start thinking about why Northeastern’s schedule is the way it is, and what the pros and cons are. Before writing this article, I interviewed a few other students on campus and found a general consensus – Northeastern’s schedule isn’t exactly ideal, but combined with the other aspects that make the school unique, it’s hard to picture it any other way. “It’s different, but I feel like we have to do it that way in order to graduate in 4 or 5 years,” said Sarah Tahami, a freshman communications...

Have You Seen This Symbol on Facebook?

By Kimberly Izar
March 11, 2014 - 8:00am

Post. Share. Tweet. Repeat.The routine of such practices has made social media a powerful outlet for spreading ideas. Pair that with an even more compelling movement for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram users to get behind, and the result is an explosive national campaign to transform society’s perceptions on accessibility.   READ MORE