Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Features

Eating Right

By Anna Wendt
September 30, 2014 - 10:34am

Do you work out like a maniac but are slow to see results? This could be for two reasons: 1. It takes 4 weeks to really see results in yourself; the human body doesn’t change overnight, it takes time to develop muscles and shed weight. 2. You are still eating more than you should be. If your goal is to lose weight, there are some things you need to keep in mind READ MORE

5 Highlights from Parenthood’s Season 6 Premiere

By Jillian Ferrari
September 29, 2014 - 1:00am

The first episode of Parenthood’s sixth and final season premiered on Thursday, prepping us for what looks to be an emotional rollercoaster of a goodbye to the Bravermans. If you’re a college student who keeps up with the show, chances are you watch it alone, hiding behind your laptop to avoid the sneer of your roommate. But Braverman-wannabes, it’s time to shed the stigma and embrace our Parenthood pride!   Here are five highlights from the 6th season opener that remind us why we love Parenthood. (Warning: spoilers ahead.)   READ MORE

Top 16 Places in Boston

By Lindsay Marum
September 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome to the beautiful city of Boston! Whether you’ve moved here from halfway across the world or from only a few T stops away (in my case), you picked the perfect place to spend the next four or five years. From free concerts, to fabulous shopping, to the unbeatable clam chowder, Boston has anything and everything a college student could want. Here’s just a few of the many places you’ll want to check out in the first few weeks of school - before the cold sets in: Prudential Center   READ MORE

6 Tips for Transfer Students By Melissa Healy

By Melissa Healy
September 22, 2014 - 6:00pm

With so many new freshmen on campus as well as returning students, it can be difficult for transfers to acclimate to their new environment. You’re the new kid at Northeastern but you’re not new to college. You did the hard work of filling out the Common App not once but twice, and have finally arrived where you belong. But the adventure has just begun! As someone who has transferred twice (long story, moving on), allow me to give you a few tips that I have found to be helpful:   1. Go to the freshman events: READ MORE

Off the Meal Plan?

By Madelaine
September 18, 2014 - 10:00am

Eating at the dining halls is a right of passage during everyone’s freshman year of college. Unfortunately, so is the emergency trip to the bathroom afterwards. If you’re one of the lucky few to have gotten upperclassmen housing, then odds are you have a kitchen in your apartment, and you decided to ditch the meal plan. But cooking is a lot harder than you anticipated. You thought cooking was all following recipes, but remembering to go grocery shopping is turning out to be harder than expected (although still less expensive than Stetson per meal). Ordering out is great and super easy, but gaining weight as a result is just as simple. READ MORE

Boston Calling's Comeback

By Morgan Weadock
September 9, 2014 - 6:00pm

Last weekend, Boston Calling, a semi-annual musical festival took place in Government Center for the fourth time in two years. The event took off on Friday night at 6:00 P.M featuring The National, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Future Islands. Rachel Anderson, a sophomore Biology major at Northeastern, attended the concert on Friday night because her friend had an extra ticket. “ I was not familiar with bands, but I really liked The National’s performance,” she says. “It was really fun!” READ MORE

Three Perfect Fall Accessories for Any Wardrobe

By Northeastern Contributor
September 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The weather is getting cooler, the days are shorter and classes have officially begun. Whether we want to or not, it’s time to transition from sandals and brightly-colored outfits to items that are a little more practical for a blustery October day. Swap out those sandals for something that will actually take you through the seasons; a cute pair of boots or a to-die-for tote are all you need to transition your summer wardrobe to fit fall fashions! Adding the perfect transitional accessories to your closet is a great way to make any outfit look chic and timeless, regardless of your personal style! READ MORE

The App That Will Save You Serious Time This Semester

By Morgan Weadock
September 3, 2014 - 5:00pm

Between studying, clubs, and a social life, a collegiate barely has time to go out and run errands! This is especially true for students living off campus or without a meal plan. Thankfully, a new company called Favor recently opened in Boston and is here to help you manage your time. Favor will personally deliver any takeout, groceries, prescriptions, dry cleaning that you want with a few taps on your smartphone! Don’t have time to wait in the on - campus coffee line? Get your daily coffee fix delivered! READ MORE

5 Fall Essentials for Back to School + 20% Off Yours!

By Northeastern Contributor
August 22, 2014 - 8:00am

Summer may be coming to a close, collegiettes, but there are plenty of things to look forward to as you prepare to head back to campus (back-to-school shopping, anyone?)! Take a break from worrying about whether you’ll like your new professors to focus on some of the most important aspects of fall fashion: boots, shoes and bags! READ MORE

Exclusive Reed Krakoff Shopping Event!

By Northeastern Contributor
May 8, 2014 - 12:07am

Although many collegiates on other campuses are preparing for finals or packing up their dorms, many of you are still at Northeastern for summer classes or for co-op. This gives you guys plenty of time to check out the exclusive shopping event Reed Krakoff is hosting for the month of May! Reed Krakoff is a store that sells handbags, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories. From May 1st to May 31st, its Bolyston location on Saks Fifth Avenue is offering a 20% discount on entire purchases to current or graduating college students! It is the perfect chance to get a professional bag to use on co-op, a nice necklace for your mom for Mother's Day, or an end of spring semester celebratory splurge for yourself!...