Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Features

Boston Calling's Comeback

By Morgan Weadock
September 9, 2014 - 6:00pm

Last weekend, Boston Calling, a semi-annual musical festival took place in Government Center for the fourth time in two years. The event took off on Friday night at 6:00 P.M featuring The National, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Future Islands. Rachel Anderson, a sophomore Biology major at Northeastern, attended the concert on Friday night because her friend had an extra ticket. “ I was not familiar with bands, but I really liked The National’s performance,” she says. “It was really fun!” READ MORE

Three Perfect Fall Accessories for Any Wardrobe

By Northeastern Contributor
September 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The weather is getting cooler, the days are shorter and classes have officially begun. Whether we want to or not, it’s time to transition from sandals and brightly-colored outfits to items that are a little more practical for a blustery October day. Swap out those sandals for something that will actually take you through the seasons; a cute pair of boots or a to-die-for tote are all you need to transition your summer wardrobe to fit fall fashions! Adding the perfect transitional accessories to your closet is a great way to make any outfit look chic and timeless, regardless of your personal style! READ MORE

The App That Will Save You Serious Time This Semester

By Morgan Weadock
September 3, 2014 - 5:00pm

Between studying, clubs, and a social life, a collegiate barely has time to go out and run errands! This is especially true for students living off campus or without a meal plan. Thankfully, a new company called Favor recently opened in Boston and is here to help you manage your time. Favor will personally deliver any takeout, groceries, prescriptions, dry cleaning that you want with a few taps on your smartphone! Don’t have time to wait in the on - campus coffee line? Get your daily coffee fix delivered! READ MORE

5 Fall Essentials for Back to School + 20% Off Yours!

By Kate Moriarty
August 22, 2014 - 8:00am

Summer may be coming to a close, collegiettes, but there are plenty of things to look forward to as you prepare to head back to campus (back-to-school shopping, anyone?)! Take a break from worrying about whether you’ll like your new professors to focus on some of the most important aspects of fall fashion: boots, shoes and bags! READ MORE

Exclusive Reed Krakoff Shopping Event!

By Northeastern Contributor
May 8, 2014 - 12:07am

Although many collegiates on other campuses are preparing for finals or packing up their dorms, many of you are still at Northeastern for summer classes or for co-op. This gives you guys plenty of time to check out the exclusive shopping event Reed Krakoff is hosting for the month of May! Reed Krakoff is a store that sells handbags, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories. From May 1st to May 31st, its Bolyston location on Saks Fifth Avenue is offering a 20% discount on entire purchases to current or graduating college students! It is the perfect chance to get a professional bag to use on co-op, a nice necklace for your mom for Mother's Day, or an end of spring semester celebratory splurge for yourself!...

Saying Goodbye to Boston

By Emily Feltault
April 16, 2014 - 6:37pm

Whether it’s for four months or the foreseeable future, saying so long to such an amazing city is never easy. Boston has so much to offer our generation in terms of opportunities, entertainment and convenience. Everything you could ever need is right around the corner or a “quick” T ride away. For the seniors who are becoming real people outside of Beantown, or even the freshman leaving for the first time, here are some things to reminisce about. READ MORE

10 Things Huskies Can't Live Without

By Stephanie Cohn
April 8, 2014 - 9:39am

Ultimate Springfest Playlist

By Gwen Schanker
April 4, 2014 - 8:00am

Northeastern’s long-awaited Springfest concert, hosted by the Council for University Programs (CUP) is coming up on Saturday, April 5, and will feature a wide range of talents. From the motivational Sara Bareilles to the earnest Cold War Kids to the indescribable Snoop Dogg, NU.F.O. Springfest Concert 2014 has something for everyone. Below is Her Campus Northeastern’s guide to the featured Springfest musicians, with just a few of the songs you need to know all the lyrics to before doors open at 5:00p.m. Saturday. So get to it, collegiettes, and see you at the concert! READ MORE

10 Things We'll Miss about HIMYM

By Emily Feltault
March 31, 2014 - 8:11am

All good things must come to an end. This includes the television shows we grew up with and learned to love, like Full House and Boy Meets World. The next greatest loss of this kind will be that of How I Met Your Mother, a sitcom that centers on a father, Ted Mosby, telling his two children just how he met their mother, a story that went on for nine years and is sadly wrapping up TODAY.   READ MORE

The Best (and Worst) April Fool's Jokes

By Her Campus Northeastern
March 27, 2014 - 8:00am

April Fool's Day was fun in first grade (think whoopee cushions and prank calls), but pranks are for big people, too! Being in college doesn't mean that you have to give up the holiday fun. In fact, it's time to step up your game! After all, there's no better way to procrastinate a project than by messing with your loved ones. Disclaimer: We aren't responsible for the outcomes of these pranks. If your roommate is a little crazy or you and your S/O are on the rocks, this probably isn't the time. Use discretion, people. The switch READ MORE