This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Maggie Antalek

Year: Middler

Major: Graphic design, minor in digital art

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

How did you first get into making jewelry?

I’ve been making friendship bracelets since I was 11 when I went to sleep-away summer camp, and have continued to make them on vacations and during the summer. I really started to get interested in making more advanced pieces when I took a course in jewelry design and metal working in Florence, Italy last spring when I studied abroad.

When did you make your first bracelet? What inspired you?

Like I said I’ve made bracelets for many years, but my first “studdly-esque” bracelet was made this past september as a birthday gift to my roommate. I was inspired by Donna Sturges, an artisan jeweler in Buffalo, NY who specializes in making enamel for her jewelry business. After leaving Florence, I did not want to stop making jewelry so I contacted Donna for a summer job, since I had always admired her work. Luckily, she was able to take me on and I learned and honed many of my skills in making jewelry. She has been a huge inspiration for the style of my jewelry and using my talents to my advantage.

How did you get the idea for the name?

I wanted something clever and cute to mimic the style of my bracelets. With studs being a huge part of the style and so popular with DIY crafts lately, I wanted to incorporate that material of my bracelets into the name.

Do you think you’ll ever expand from just bracelets?

I do have experience in making other types of jewelry, whether it was from the course I took last spring, working for Donna last summer, or just as a hobby in my free time. So i hope that at some point I will be able to make everything I would love to be making for my line of jewelry. Being a student, I have to think realistically about how much time I will have to decicate to the business.

What are some of your favorite bracelets you’ve made?

My favorite bracelets are ones I make for my friends, when I know it’s personally designed for them. One of my favorites was as a christmas gift for a friend and another as a birthday gift for my roommate.

Any other info people should know?

I am so excited to continue posting new products, and anyone should feel free to contact me either directly via husky mail, or through any of my pages if they are interested in a custom or direct order! That way they don’t have to go through etsy and the shipping but can pick it up from me in person. All my customers are welcome to custom-make a bracelet with their own color choice in threads, studs, and leather.

Check out Studdly on Facebook, Etsy, or email studdlybracelets@gmail.com. Keep in the know by following @Studdly_ on Twitter or @studdly_bracelets on Instagram.

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!