James Eggers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: James Eggers      
Age:21
Year at NU:4th year Senior
Major:International Affairs
Hometown:Voorhees, NJ
Hobbies:Underwater basket weaving, Reading, Powerlifting, Studying, Dougy-ing? I like to dougie and cat-daddy.

My favorite thing about Northeastern:My favorite thing about Northeastern is opportunity for professional development. The co-op program, the career services center and the core of advisors really empower you to develop a particular skill set and help you secure a job for after graduation.

Where I can be found on a Saturday night:My Saturdays usually vary but I always look to go somewhere with a dance floor. If I’m not on a dance floor, I’m probably in my room studying– I’m a nerd sometimes.

Where I would take a girl on a first date:Tough call. If the weather was nice I would first take her to JP Licks then head down to the Boston Common. The Common is awesome when it’s nice out and it would be a great place to walk around and get to know someone.

What I look for in a girl:I like girls who like to travel and who are family-oriented. If she can speak more than one language, that’s a huge plus.

My role model:I have two role models: My father and my grandfather. Their constant hard work and positive attitude are really inspiring. Their successes serve as my motivation to achieve my own goals.

Where I’ll be in five years:In five years I will either be working for the United States Government, or running for political office.

My favorite spot in Boston:My favorite spot in Boston is the MFA. It’s close to campus, free and they have a great collection of American art. I’m super patriotic and a bit of a history buff so I enjoy going there.

My favorite spot in the world:My family has a house in Key West, Florida and there is this closed bridge which is great for bridge-jumping, fishing and snorkeling. The weather is always great and the water is beautiful.

My celebrity look-a-like: I’ve been told Sage Brocklebank. Don’t worry I also had no idea who that was but he was in a TV show Psych and the movie, In the Name of The King. I don’t really think any celebrity looks like me.

An interesting/fun fact:I have a black belt in Hapkido and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

My favorite part of Fall:The cool weather. I love sleeping when it’s cold.

Five things that a Northeastern student should have on their Boston bucket list:
1.    Go to a party at a Harvard Finals Club
2.    Watch the Marathon
3.    Get into a fight with some “townies”
4.    Last call at Our House East every day of the week for one week
5.    Eat at the Top of the Hub