It’s A Greek Thing: DPhiE’s Big Man On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Let’s be honest ladies, who wouldn’t want to see eight attractive, Northeastern undergrad gentlemen competing for our adoration and votes all in the name of charity? Thanks to Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority and RSA, you’ll get the chance to do just that this Friday, February 11th, from 7 – 9 p.m. in the Curry Student Center Ballroom.

Big Man On Campus is Delta Phi Epsilon’s annual philanthropy event meant to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – an organization that donates money to research surrounding Cystic Fibrosis and offers support services to patients and families affected by CF.

When recently asked about the process of putting on such a large event, Event Head Chair, Heather Markowitz commented that “the planning is going well, and the men are all very excited and have a lot of great talents to show off. It is definitely going to be a fun evening for everyone who comes.”

Contestant candidates will be competing in four different categories: formal wear, costume of choice, talent portion, and a question & answer segment. The event will also feature a raffle in which movie tickets, gift cards to Temptations or Whole Foods, and many other prizes will be up for grabs.

Tickets only cost $3 and can be purchased all week (Monday, February 7th – Friday, February 11th) from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on the Ground Floor of Curry Student Center. One ticket grants you admittance to the event, a raffle ticket, and one vote towards your favorite contestant. The sorority will also be selling “I’m Kind Of A Big Deal” t-shirts for $10 each. All proceeds from ticket and t-shirt sales will be donated to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

DPhiE’s PR Chair, Katie Smith, recently shared that she hopes “the show itself reflects all of the hard work, time, and effort that my sisters and the members of RSA have put in. But, more importantly, that the crowd and contestants are able to experience the same elation that we do from donating to a cause such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.”

If you’re interested in learning more about Delta Phi Epsilon and the event, check out their Facebook event, and follow the sorority on Twitter.

Rachel Kossman

Northeastern

Rachel Kossman is a Northeastern University graduate, and former Her Campus Campus Correspondent. She spent her junior and senior years writing for Her Campus National, and is thrilled to be back contributing to the Post Graduate section.Rachel is currently working as Associate Editor for DAYSPA magazine, an industry publication for spa owners, where she gets to write about spa products, business tips, spa industry news, focus on green lifestyle content, and even review a spa or two every once in a while! She is currently living back in Los Angeles, where she was born and raised, and though she misses Boston and all her friends out east, is very happy to be away from the cold and snow!