Husky in the Spotlight: Megan Durning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Husky in the Spotlight: Megan Durning

Year: Junior

Major: Criminal Justice and Psychology

Minor: Arabic

Favorite Place to Eat in Boston: Pho Basil

Favorite Place on Campus: Curry Balcony to watch the stars

Despite being in the midst of her second co-op and working in the security services department at MIT’s Lincoln Lab, Megan still devotes much of her time to being involved on campus. She’s the VP of Northeastern’s Catholic Center, the RA for the first floor Community Service LLC in Stetson East, and an active member of both the Criminal Justice club and the CGA Honors Society. I met with her earlier this week to talk about some of her favorite aspects of her campus involvement.

What is your favorite organization that you’re involved with?

My favorite organization is by far the Catholic Center here at Northeastern because you cannot find more genuine, decent, and loving people anywhere else. It’s a home that welcomes all, and we try really hard to help each other grow and support each other through triumphs as well as trials.

What is the most memorable experience that you’ve had with them?

The most memorable experience I’ve had at the Catholic Center is retreat. There are two big retreats throughout the year – one in fall and one in spring. It’s the most amazing experience filled with all sorts of graces and lots of fun too! There’s always a polar plunge, which is thrilling even though it’s also super chilling.

What are you most looking forward to this school year?

I’m most looking forward to learning from the people around me, whether that’s in the Catholic Center or the Residence Halls. There are so many opportunities for growth, professionally and personally, here at Northeastern, so I’m lucky to be able to experience many of them.

What is one thing you haven’t yet done on campus that you want to try?

One thing I’ve yet to do one campus is work in a research lab. I’m a Criminal Justice and Psychology major, and there are always cool Psych studies going on; so, I’m looking forward to being able to work on those in the spring!