How to Fill the Dark Void The Bachelor Has Left in Your Monday Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Regardless of how you felt about the season finale of The Bachelor (and yeah, I have a lot of feelings about it), you’re now faced with an empty slot in your Monday nights that you will more likely than not fill with a new show. Whether you were watching the show for Nick’s charming personality or because you absolutely adored Corinne, these shows can help fill the empty hole The Bachelor left in your life.

If you’re craving more reality TV…

Dancing with the Stars

Courtesy: WordPress

Personally, I’m ready to have absolutely nothing to do with Nick Viall. I don’t want to see him on Instagram, I don’t want to see him in the news, and I’m certainly not going to tune into a show featuring him and his painfully awkward mannerisms funneled into dance routines he is not cut out for. But that’s just me. If that’s your thing, this show is on air currently, so there’s absolutely no wait.

UnREAL

Courtesy: Tumblr

No, this isn’t actually a reality TV show. But it is about reality TV. This show takes on the perspective of producers creating an extremely popular dating show. Surprise, surprise, it’s basically talking about The Bachelor. Though the show is fictionalized, it delves into what goes into making a dating show behind the scenes, which in reality is a lot more convoluted than it looks. Lifetime’s UnREAL is guaranteed to make you change the way you watch The Bachelor. So far there are only two seasons, so it’s easy to catch up on, and it’s renewed for a third season, so you have something to look forward to.

If you want absolutely nothing to do with The Bachelor. In fact you want the polar opposite…

Mr. Robot

Courtesy: Imgur

If you need some intellectual stimulation post-Bachelor, Mr. Robot is a show about a cyber security engineer and hacker with social anxiety and depression who sets out on a mission to erase all of the nation’s debt thanks to a hacktivist who goes by the pseudonym ‘Mr. Robot.’ It’s best if I don’t say too much and let you figure it out for yourself. This show is on the USA channel, but it is currently available with an Amazon Prime subscription. There are two seasons so far, and it is renewed for a third.

Bojack Horseman

Courtesy: Gyazo

When I say this show is the polar opposite of The Bachelor, I may not be entirely truthful. The central character of the show is Bojack Horseman, a washed up 90’s sitcom actor, who also happens to be an anthropomorphic horse. The show deals with the darker side of fame and Hollywood. Though it’s a comedy, it’s typically trying to speak to broader messages, avoiding clean endings, and focusing instead on finding some sort of ironic truth. Though not inherently the ‘opposite’ of The Bachelor, it points out the central flaws in the manufactured world Hollywood creates, so it’s more anti-Bachelor. This is a Netflix original with three seasons currently available to stream.

If you watched The Bachelor for the comedy…

Grace & Frankie

Courtesy: Giphy

Grace & Frankie seems to have flown under the radar for what is an absolutely hilarious show. Starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, this show follows the lives of two polar-opposite women who find out that their husbands are in love and wish to get married. This is a Netflix original that returned for a third season on March 24.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Courtesy: Giphy

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a surprisingly optimistic story about a girl who was kidnapped by a man who forced her into a bizarre end-of-the-world cult, then she was rescued as an adult and now wants to live her life in New York City. In case you don’t believe it’s a comedy, Tina Fey is one of the writers. The Netflix original is three seasons in, and primed to release the third on May 19.

If you can’t get enough Corinne…

Bachelor in Paradise

Courtesy: Tumblr

In case you didn’t already know, The Bachelor added another show to its roster to fill that empty space between bachelors and bachelorettes. Bachelor in Paradise is an absolutely ridiculous show. Ex-contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, typically the ones who are most villainous, ridiculous, or full of personality, sit on the beach for a month and either couple up or start drama. The season likely won’t be on until August, but if you have high hopes of seeing Corinne (who will likely be asked to come on the show) or Raven (who will definitely be on the show) again, it will be worth the wait.

The Corinne Show

Courtesy: Giphy

Alright, I don’t know that this will actually happen, but I think Corinne is more than deserving of her own show. If the twins from Ben’s season could get a show, I think Corinne certainly can. Who wouldn’t want to tune in for a whole lot of naps, Raquel, and cheese pasta?