Holiday Events in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Looking for something to do in the city before heading home for the holidays? Here are some of the numerous events going on throughout the month of December you can explore with friends and family. Better yet, most of them are FREE!

December 6th is The Santa Speedo Run on Newbury, because what could be more entertaining than watching hundreds of scantily clad Bostonians running down a hugely popular street?? The festive run begins around 1pm!

A Hanukkah celebration is set to be held in Faneuil Hall Marketplace (date & time TBD) with food, music and games!!

If you are more into the musical festivities of the holiday season, carolers will be all over the Boston area singing your favorites. The best place to go would be Faneuil Hall, but they may appear where you least expect it!

If you are up to spending a little bit more money for a great experience, the Boston Ballet has shows from now all the way through New Year’s Eve at the Opera House. For those of you who are still young at heart, Disney on Ice is at the Agganis Arena on Boston University’s campus!!

For the history buffs and those looking to do something a bit off the beaten path this holiday season, the Boston Tea Party Reenactment will be on December 16th at the Old South Meeting House.

Finally, for a very low key (possibly romantic) event head on over to the North End for the Holiday Stroll on December 5th for one-night-only deals at various stores in the area.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!