This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

On March 1, Disney Channel announced that it was holding a nationwide casting search for High School Musical 4.

Courtesy of Giphy

“High School Musical is part of Disney Channel’s DNA,”  Disney Channel President Gary Marsh said. “It embodies all that we stand for. As a way of continuing to embrace that heritage, we’re excited to announce ‘the start of something new’ as we launch a search for a new class of East High Wildcats to star in a fourth installment of the ‘High School Musical’ franchise.”

Courtesy of Giphy

According to E! News, producers are searching for the following five leads:

1. Erin is a badass soccer player who strives for excellence—and the only girl on the boys’ team. She starts falling for the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, but isn’t sure whether or not to follow her heart.

2. Derek, the aforementioned bad boy who falls for Erin, is tough on the surface but a soft-hearted family guy at his core. He’s an excellent soccer player and an incredible dancer who teaches dance classes to little girls at his family’s studio.

3. Campbell is Troy Bolton 2.0—super hot soccer captain and theater star who also happens to be Sharpay and Ryan Evans’ cousin. He decides that he wants to date Erin, and he isn’t too happy when she wants to be with Derek instead.

4. Nathalie is East High’s biggest fan, a loyal, outgoing cheerleader and a big-hearted BFF to Erin.

5. Tamara is East High’s former queen bee, a cheer squad member attempting to climb back up the social ladder and reclaim all the attention for herself.

Courtesy of Giphy

Teen Beach Movie’s Jeffrey Hornaday is attached to direct and choreograph while Peter Barsocchini will return to write the script along with Dan Berendsen. An airdate has not yet been released.

Courtesy of Giphy

Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!