HC Northeastern & DPhiE present BIG MAN ON CAMPUS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Looking for something good to do with your time this Thursday? Look no further! We’ve teamed up with the ladies of Delta Phi Epsilon this year for Big Man On Campus 2012, an annual fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

100% of proceeds from the event go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, which on it’s own is a good enough reason to attend, but if you still need more convincing, this won’t be your typical sorority fundraiser (last year, the winner played “Stereo Love” on the accordion — enough said). What once started as a small event held in afterHOURS, Big Man has moved up, and after selling out the Curry Student Center Ballroom last year, we’re taking over Blackman Auditorium for a pageant of sorts that will display the talents and personalities of the men of Northeastern (think break-dancing, guitar playing and even interpretive dance.)

The eight contestants will compete in a talent portion, formal wear segment, pick-up line contest and more in hopes of being crowned this year’s Big Man On Campus. This is sure to be a fun event that supports a great cause, so get your ticket now before they sell out!

Big Man will be held in Blackman this Thursday, March 1st at 7pm, and tickets are available for $5 on myNEU (bring a friends, it’s NU+1!) For more info, join the Facebook event here.

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.