Guide to a “Lush”cious Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Valentine’s Day is here and with that comes the search for the perfect gift for your loved ones. Whether you’re trying to drop hints to your boyfriend, find something awesome for your best friends, or just want to give yourself a much-needed spa treatment, Lush has all of your basic beauty needs. Their products smell and feel amazing, are almost all vegan, and made fresh from natural ingredients, so you know you’re getting high quality stuff. The only downside is that some of these Valentine’s Day treats are limited edition, so grab them while you can!

Prince Charming Shower Gel

This unique new body wash combines the fruity fragrance of pomegranate with the sweet scent of marshmallows and vanilla. You’ll feel pretty in pink, and might want to use the whole bottle all at once or not leave the shower. Just hop in the shower, lather up, and wait for your boyfriend to tell you how sweet you smell.

Love Locket Bath Bomb

Have a super stressful week of classes or co-op? Use this super relaxing Love Locket Bath Bomb to give yourself the perfect bubble bath. Separated into three parts, the two halves of the pink heart are covered in tiny paper hearts that will rise to to surface when put in hot water and give you a super pretty pink bath. The yellow center releases red agar seaweed hearts and helps soften your skin and can even make your hair shinier! With jasmine, vanilla, and sensual oils, your skin will be incredibly moisturized and you’ll be the most relaxed you’ve ever been.

Tender is the Night Massage Bar

One of my personal favorites and named after Fitzgerald’s final novel, this massage bar is the perfect lotion for your body. It’s a shea and butter bar that you rub all over and the heat from your skin helps the jasmine and vanilla oils melt right in. Unlike most lotions and body butters, you only need to use a small amount and the fragrance lasts for hours. It’ll makes your skin super smooth and keeps you smelling beautiful and sexy all day long.

Ocean Salt Body Scrub

Need a good exfoliator to look radiant and glowing on your big date night? Ocean Salt is the best body scrub out there. It has a variety of ingredients such as vodka, lime, avocado, coconut, and of course sea salt that work together to scrub away dead skin and dirt, hydrate your skin, and leave you looking noticeably brighter. It’s perfect for getting rid of pesky blackheads and opening up your pores. Use it all over and you’ll feel like a whole new woman.

Face Masks

And saving the best for last, we have Lush’s fresh face masks. They’re made with no preservatives and are kept in the fridge to give your face the best treatment possible. You can’t go wrong with any of them; trust me I’ve tried them all. My personal favorites are Love Lettuce, Cupcake, Oatifix, and Catastrophe Cosmetic. Love Lettuce is perfect if you’re having a singles night in with your girls and want a traditional facial party. It goes on smoothly and gives your face a deep cleaning. If your boyfriend wants to give you something chocolatey, tell him to go for Cupcake, which also goes on incredibly smoothly and is made from actual cocoa beans, getting rid of oily skin and making your face smell so good you’ll probably want to eat some. Oatifix is an amazing exfoliator that is probably tied with Cupcake for best smelling, as it’s made from bananas and oats and will leave your face smooth and soft. Finally, Catastrophe Cosmetic will clear up any unwanted blemishes or pimples within days. It’s made from blueberries and is the best face mask for getting rid of acne, I can definitely say from experience.

Basically, you can’t go wrong with anything that has Lush in the title; you support a company that encourages recycling, fair trade, and not testing on animals, and in return you get top-notch body products and treatment that costs three times as much at a spa and leave you feeling beautiful and luxurious. So treat yourselves this Valentines Day ladies, you deserve it!

Lindsay Marum

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!