This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

For those who like to party, understand that the end of summer and the beginning of fall is the best weather for going out in Boston. The warm weather allows for us crazy people to frat hop in tank tops or short sleeve shirts until we arrive at the next party and return to the heat. Though, as summer slowly comes to an end, and fall starts, running from party to party isn’t enough.

This is where the term “frackets” came about. Frackets is a combination of “frat” and “jacket”. A fracket is the designated jacket that you take out for your Thursday/Friday/Saturday frat party. It is typically a warm article of clothing for $20 or less that is fashionable but warm, and commonly purchased from a consignment store, goodwill, or thrift store.

Courtesy of Tumblr

Examples consist of a flannel big enough to fit a large man, second-hand fleece, bomber jackets (a huge trend last year so you know they will be on sale this year), and faux leather jackets. Partiers get extra points if they find a “fracket” that is out of this world, but also remains within a reasonable price. The best part about this? There is no fashion critique to insult your look. The only comments you receive are, “damn, nice fracket!”