Finals Week: Being in Classes v. Being on Co-op

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

When you are in classes, finals week is the worst time of the year. However, when you are on co-op, you forget it even exists. Here is the experience from both sides of the spectrum. Obviously no one on co-op would rather have final exams, but there are some aspects that are missed.

Reading Day

Classes: This is the last day to party when you are in class so you live it up. 

Co-op: Just another day at work…

How You Spend Your Nights

Classes: You stay up late cramming with 8 million flashcards and study guides and take out food.

Co-op: You go to bed by 11 PM after watching Netflix with your roommate… and maybe wine.

Your Diet

Classes: When studying for 16 hours straight, you eat whatever’s around. Calories don’t matter during finals week right?

Co-op: You still have time to meal prep all your lunches and pack a mid-afternoon snack! However, salads get old and you do miss the excuse to eat junk with no regrets!

Your Attire… Or General Hygiene

Classes: Sweatpants, t-shirt, topknot… perfect for camping out in Club Snell.

Co-op: You are showing off your new spring business casual clothes that you bought with your paycheck.

But if you are business formal, then you wish you were in your pajamas!  

Your Weekend Activities

Classes: Finals week means no time for fun.

Co-op: THE SNOW IS FINALLY GONE so naturally you are spending your days off excitedly exploring Boston. 

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: