A Few of My Favorite FRINGE Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

So fringe is the new fad, huh? Fringe this, fringe that. It’s everywhere! If you’re anything like me, you love the idea of fringe, but you’re not ready to completely recreate yourself into an Indian princess. No need to worry! There is still a way to incorporate fringe into your wardrobe!

My number one favorite fringe thing: Fringe Earrings!
What I love about fringe earrings is that you can make them yourself! It’s as simple as tying a few pieces of leather to a fishhook earring back. I bought mine from a local jewelry artist back home, but if you look closely at the picture, you can see how easy they are to recreate. These earrings are unique and make a statement without going overboard! You can make them whatever color you want, depending on if you want them to subtly blend into your hair or stand out in contrast!

My second favorite fringe thing: An Over-the-Shoulder Fringe Bag! You will not regret buying a fringe purse. It can literally be thrown on with anything, whether it be with a cute dress for going out, or your yoga pants when going to the gym. It’s that one fun accessory that can turn any outfit into a fashionable statement.

My third favorite fringe thing: Fringe Boots Boot season has officially started, and while most of your boots from last year are still in “wearable” condition, it’s always fun to buy one more pair to supplement. A cute pair of fringe boots should definitely be your purchase of choice this fall! You can slip them on with a long-sleeved t-shirt and skinnys and be good to go.

My fourth favorite fringe thing: Fringe T-Shirts
Fringe t-shirts are another thing you can makeyourself, which is what makes them so great! There is no need to spend over $30 at a department store, trying to find a pre-cut up shirt. You can take any old t-shirt and cut the bottom for the same effect. And even add beads at the bottom for fun if you want! Fringe t-shirts are the perfect combination of sexy and stylish.

My fifth favorite thing: Metal Fringe
Who says fringe can only beleather? Jewelry is a fun way to incorporate a different type of fringe: metal fringe. Little metal chains that hang down from many different jewelry accessories, creating a fun fringe effect that is one of the subtlest ways to incorporate fringe into your wardrobe. What are your favorite fringe trends this Fall?

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.