Every Website that Exists Off of ‘How I Met Your Mother’!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

For those ‘How I Met Your Mother’ fans out there, have you ever wondered about the many websites that are mentioned in the episodes?

Having decided to watch the show for the 7th time, I suddenly became more aware of the many websites that the characters mention during the show. Out of pure boredom and curiousity, I decided to test out one of the mentioned websites by typing it out in real life and hitting enter to see if it actually exists. To my surprise, the show has successfully managed to run websites to most of the links mentioned by the characters in the series.

The first time I heard a suggested website being mentioned I jumped at the opportunity to see if it existed by abruptly pausing the show, opening a new tab, rushfully typing out the said website and hitting enter.

www.tedmosbyisajerk.com

The webpage was absolutely hilarious, I spent ages laughing and reading the texts as well as jumping from tab to tab in order to discover what more there could be to this already creative site.

What I love about these websites is the added interactive experience that develops between the viewers and the characters of the show. The excitement that comes with discovering the many links that are available makes watching such shows much more special and entertaining.

The following are all the websites that relate to the ‘How I Met Your Mother’ show that actually exist:

Season 3, Episode 14 – The Bracket

Season 3, Episode 19 – Everything Must Go

Season 4, Episode 2 – The Best Burger in New York

Season 4, Episode 7 – Not a Father’s Day

Season 4, Episode 14 – The Possimpible

Season 4, Episode 18 – Old King Clancy

Season 5, Episode 4 – The Sexless Innkeeper

Season 5, Episode 8 – The Playbook

Season 5, Episode 23 – The Wedding Bride

Season 6, Episode 4 – Subway Wars

Season 7, Episode 4 – The Stinson Missile Crisis

Season 7, Episode 9 – Disaster Averted

Season 7, Episode 13 – Tailgate

The mentioned running websites above make the show so much more interesting and captivating so that even though I may have seen the show seven times and may possibly know every line by heart, the ability to excitedly type in a mentioned site stated by one of the characters on the show makes ‘How I Met Your Mother’… legen-WAIT FOR IT-dary! LEGENDARY!

Rehab Asif

Northeastern '20

Hi, My name is Rehab and I'm a junior at Northeastern University! I'm a Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Experience Design. Live, Love & Laugh is the motto I always preach!